Enter Text Here to Search Corrupt Justice™ and Williby Blogs:

Top News Stories ~ 2018!


(Top video) Miami Beach, FL · (@Wilabee) ~ United States (WCJB) (Originally Published: March 26, 2016 ~ Updated: July 4, 2018) -- Watch as three men distract the store clerk and place card (reader) skimmer on ATM Point-of-Sale Machine.

"Black Cop Shoots 9 Y.O. White Girl!"

Wichita, Kansas ~ ( Originally Published: June 23, 2018 ~ Updated: July 9, 2018) -- (Photo) Former Wichita police officer Dexter Betts is charged with one count of aggravated battery in a shooting that wounded a 9-year-old girl on Dec. 30, 2017.
Read more at: ***

Corrupt Justice™ & The Attorney Depot™ Celebrating Over Thirty Million (36 Million) Views (Combined)!
Notice: Our HTTPS settings have changed. All visitors are now able to view our blog over an encrypted connection by visiting https://willibys-corruptjustice.blogspot.com. Existing links and bookmarks to our blog will continue to work.

"Golden [Guy] Killer Appears In Court!"
Sacramento, California ~ ( Originally Published: March 26, 2016 ~ Updated: July 4, 2018) -- The Golden State Killer, Joseph DeAngelo, is one of the most prolific predators in U.S. history. He sometimes invaded different houses on consecutive nights. Deangelo sometimes returned to the same neighborhood so often that the people who lived there slept in shifts. He terrorized the suburbs of Sacramento. Later on, he continued his murderous crime spree, near Los Angeles, hundreds of miles to the south. (See: Full Hearing!)
Watch More At: The Harry Williby Channel!

Corrupt Justice™ ~ 2018
Oakland, California
«• More Stories and Videos @ Corrupt Justice™! •»

Milwaukee, Wisconsin · (@Wilabee) ~ United States (WCJB) (Originally Published: May 23, 2018 ~ Updated: May 24, 2018) -- The video (Click here) shows an officer approaching Sterling Brown as he goes to get back into his car. The car was parked right in front of the Walgreens (the lot is essentially empty because it’s about 2 a.m.). Brown points out that he doesn’t see anything wrong with parking across two lanes since the lot is empty. The officer tells Brown to back away from him and calls for backup. When backup arrives, the officer (whose name was not released by MPD) says he “only wanted one [car for backup].” He claims that Brown got “right up in my face.” Several officers surround Brown. One angrily tells him to get his hand out of his pocket. When Brown points out that his hands are full, the officer wrenches Brown’s hand out, and a group of officers wrestle him to the ground and tase him. Brown can be heard groaning in anguish after an officer shouts “Taser! Taser! Taser!”

Parkland, FL {PUBLISHED: February 22, 2018 at 02:50 pm | UPDATED: February 23, 2018 at 02:45 pm} -- Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel announced Thursday that school resource officer, Deputy Scot Peterson turned in his retirement papers. Scot retired after being told he would be placed on leave without pay. Peterson was on the campus of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School last week during the fatal school shooting.Peterson was armed and in uniform during the shooting. Israel said there was video showing Peterson's actions, but the video would not be released because the investigation is continuing. He said the video showed Peterson take up a position outside the building, but "he never went in."

New York, NY {PUBLISHED: March 6, 2017 at 12:50 pm | UPDATED: August 24, 2017 at 01:53 am} -- The New York health department alerted doctors to the case of a newborn who fell ill after undergoing the ultra-Orthodox Jewish practice in which the circumcision wound is cleaned by the Rabbi's mouth. The baby boy was rushed to hospital when he developed herpes following the controversial ancient circumcision ritual. A rash is said to have spread across the child’s genitals, buttocks, inner thighs and ankle two weeks after the procedure. An estimated 3,000 babies are circumcised each year using the method in New York City. NYC is home to the largest Jewish population outside Israel. There have been six cases of herpes among children who have had the ritual known as metzitzah b’peh performed on them since February 2015. Of the six previously undisclosed cases, two occurred last year and three in 2015. Herpes, a highly contagious viral disease which can cause blisters and ulcers. Herpes is more severe in newborn babies as their immune systems are not fully developed. Since 2000, there have been 24 cases of infant herpes linked to circumcision, leading to two deaths and two cases of brain damage.

(Published: Thurs., April 13, 2017) — On Monday, Nandi Cain Jr. had just gotten off work and was headed to his Sacramento apartment when he noticed an officer approaching from behind him with his hand on his gun, according to police accounts, videos of the event and local news reports. Cain put his hands up as the officer approached, but continued to walk away slowly. He asked the police officer the reason for the stop, then protested when he heard it: “You were jaywalking,” the officer said on the dash-cam video released by the police department this week. “I looked both ways,” Cain replied. “You’re harassing me. I just got off work. You’re trying to pull me over for nothing.” Click here for video

EL CENTRO, CA (WCJB) ~ United States The El Centro Police Department said it's investigating a video that shows officers using force on a suspect who put several people in danger Tuesday afternoon. The video shows officers beating 23-year-old Elizardo Saenz, an El Centro resident. It also shows a K-9 police dog attacking Saenz. (Click here for video)

Oakland, CA (WCJB) ~ United States -- A sex scandal involving Oakland police officers and a then underage girl has all the makings of a TV thriller. The saga is full of twists and turns. The scandal erupted months after Officer Brendan O'Brien committed suicide. O'Brien left a note spilling the details, including names. Three Oakland officers were placed on paid leave. A source said O'Brien in his suicide note confessed to exchanging messages with a young woman who goes by the name Celeste Guap. However, the note says he did not have sexual contact with her. The same sources said she has met multiple officers. In the note, O'Brien named the officers, including one sergeant, involved in the alleged sexual misconduct with Guap. Guap is the daughter of a Oakland police dispatcher. The police investigation will look at whether Guap was under age during some of the encounters with officers. (Click here for video)

New Orleans, LA (WCJB) ~ United States -- On September 4, 2005, New Orleans police received a call from an officer at Danziger Bridge reporting gunfire. Several NOPD officers—including Sgt. Kenneth Bowen, Sgt. Robert Gisevius, Officer Anthony Villavaso, and Officer Robert Faulcon—arrived at the scene in a Budget rental truck. They proceeded to open fire with assault rifles and a shotgun on an unarmed family, the Bartholomews, who had been walking to a grocery store and were then sheltering behind a concrete barrier. 17-year-old James Brissette—a family friend—was killed, and four other people were wounded. The police shooters stated that while approaching the bridge, they had been fired on by civilians, and were forced to return fire. Homicide detective Arthur "Archie" Kaufman was made the lead investigator on the case. He was later found guilty of conspiring with the defendants to conceal evidence in order to make the shootings appear justified, including fabricating information for his official reports on the case. NOPD lieutenant Michael Lohman also encouraged the officers to "provide false stories about what had precipitated the shooting" and plant a firearm near the scene. (Click here for video)

Aiken, S.C. (WCJB) ~ United States -- A horrifying new dashcam video shows at least one white member of the Aiken, S.C. Police Department search inside a black man’s rectum for the apparent crime of being a passenger in a car with paper tags, which, it bears noting, is not a crime in the state of South Carolina. Driving a car with paper tags isn’t illegal either, as long as they aren’t expired. The car belonged to a woman named Lakeya Hicks, who had the paper tags because she had recently purchased the vehicle. Hicks’ tags weren’t expired, and a check on her license came up clean. However, the cops didn’t let her go. (Click here for video)

Brooklyn, NY (WCJB) ~ United States -- When an unmarked police car drove very close to mailman Glenn Grays in Brooklyn, Grays shouted at the car. Four plainclothes officers got out of the car and started to handcuff him. Grays initially tried to resist, and one of the officers said “Stop resisting! You’re going to get hurt if you don’t give me your fucking hands.” (Click here for video)

Fresno, CA (WCJB) ~ United States -- (Warning Graphic Video) Fresno Police shoot and kill mentally ill man within seconds of exiting their patrol vehicle! (Click here for video)

Royal Oaks, MI (WCJB) ~ United States -- Another case of police brutality in the city of Royal Oak. The man doesn't resist at all! The reason for his arrest remains unknown. It appears as if the officers wanted to rip a limb off of him! (Click here for video)

San Francisco, CA (WCJB) ~ United States (Feb. 29, 2016) -- Cops CAUGHT ON CAMERA brutally beating man. When they realize they've been FILMED they try to confiscate the camera and ID the guy recording them. WATCH the video and see how well that went for them. SPREAD THE WORD! THIS IS HOW YOU RESPOND when a VIOLENT COP tries to take your camera! CALL Internal Affairs Division, 415-837-7170 and ask them why their officers BEAT people and then ILLEGALLY try to confiscate evidence of Police Brutality? (Click here for video)
Chowchilla, CA ~ United States -- Tyler Hormel, arrested by Madera County Sheriff''s Office on Monday (Feb. 8, 2016) and accused of sexual misconduct with a minor, has been fired from the Chowchilla Police Force, and charged with sexual misconduct. (Click here for video)
Marion County, Florida ~ United States -- A federal grand jury in Tampa has indicted a former Florida sheriff’s deputy on charges of violating the civil rights of an unarmed Black man, who was brutally beaten after surrendering to him and other officers following a brief chase last year, reports Reuters. Former Marion County sheriff’s deputy Jesse Terrell, 33, is accused of using excessive force against Derrick Price during the incident in August 2014 that was captured on video, according to the indictment handed down late Tuesday. Four of Terrell’s former colleagues pleaded guilty to the charge after accepting a deal, according to media sources. (Click here for video)
Wake County, North Carolina ~ United States -- Shon Demetrius McClain died from blunt force trauma to the head and neck 13 days after prosecutors say he got into a fight with officer Markeith Council in Wake County, North Carolina.(Click here for video)
New York ~ United States -- Opening statements and testimony began this week in the long-awaited trial of New York City police officer Peter Liang for the killing of Akai Gurley, an unarmed 28-year-old African-American man walking down the stairs in his apartment building, part of the Louis H. Pink housing projects in the East New York section of Brooklyn. Jury selection in the case was completed last week. Gurley died more than 14 months ago, on November 20, 2014, as two cops were making a “vertical patrol,” checking the stairwells in the high-rise building. As Brooklyn Assistant District Attorney Marc Fliedner put it, opening the prosecution’s case, “Akai Gurley is dead today because he crossed paths with Peter Liang.” Liang was indicted by a Brooklyn grand jury on manslaughter and other charges last February, and both prosecution and defense agree on the immediate events that led to Gurley’s death.(Click here for video)
Oklahoma City, OK ~ United States -- Daniel Holtzclaw has officially been sentenced for the rape and sexual assault of 13 Black women in Oklahoma. Will serve the rest of his life behind bars. He was sentenced to 263 years in prison. Holtzclaw, 29, was convicted in December of 2015, on 18 of the 36 counts he had been facing — including four counts of first-degree rape. (Click here for video)

United States -- Police officers physically outmatched by a combative male, resort to taser use. (Click here for video)

Chicago, IL -- Surveillance video (Click here for video) in connection with a Chicago police officer's fatally shooting 17-year-old Cedrick Chatman was released today by attorneys for the teen's family. A federal judge ordered the release of footage showing the 2013 shooting today after the city withdrew its objection to its being made public. Chicago police officer Kevin Fry fatally shot Chatman Jan. 7, 2013, in broad daylight during a foot chase, according to court records. Chatman’s family had fought for the video to be released as part of a wrongful death lawsuit they filed over the shooting against the city, Fry and Chicago police officer Lou Toth, who pursued Chatman along with Fry during the foot chase. Family members have argued the video will counter the city and police’s narrative that the 17-year-old was a danger to police. IPRA concluded the officers' actions were justified because they reasonably believed Chatman was armed at the time.

Brooklyn, NY -- A newly-released surveillance video (Click here for video) contradicts an undercover NYPD police officer who arrested four people in Brooklyn for allegedly trying to rob him on Dec. 26, 2015, according to a defense lawyer. Jean Scott, 33; Peterson Duplan, 28; Ricardi Joseph, 29; and Samantha Dabel, 24, said that they were approached by a man who tried to buy drugs from them at a hardware store. The undercover cop was identified as Winston McDonald, who testified in court that Duplan allegedly flashed a switchblade at him outside of the store, and said, "Give me your money or I will stab you," according to court papers.

Forth Worth, TX -- The mother of ‘affluenza’ teen Ethan Couch was ordered released from a Tarrant County jail cell after a bond hearing this afternoon. She may be leaving the jail soon. Judge Wayne Salvant ordered her bond reduced to $75,000 with several conditions. The conditions include weekly visits with the Community Supervisions and Corrections Department of Tarrant County. She is also not to consume alcoholic beverages or use social media. “Let’s look at it for what it is, I understand everyone is concerned and there is outrage in the community… but as a judge I have to look at the law,” said Judge Salvant. Couch and her lawyers were present at a 2 p.m. bond hearing at the Tarrant County Justice Center hoping to have her bond reduced. It was originally set at $1 million since she was charged with Hindering Apprehension of a Felon. (Click here for video)

Salt Lake City, Utah -- Exactly one year after a man was shot and killed during an altercation with a Salt Lake City Police Department officer, a former Davis County Sheriff says new video (Click here for video)footage indicates the officer's actions may not have been justified. James Barker, 42, was shot and killed January 8, 2015 after officer Matthew Taylor responded to a 911 call about a suspicious person and an altercation ensued, during which Barker appeared to strike the officer with a snow shovel.

Philadelphia, PA ~ USA -- Corrupt Justice™ has obtained a video (Click here for video) of the police shooting that took place Thursday night at 60th and Spruce streets. Edward Archer, a 30-year-old Delaware County man who has allegedly claimed an allegiance to ISIS, shot and wounded Officer Jesse Hartnett at 11:41 p.m. last night, city police said. Stunningly, Hartnett can be seen in the video getting out of his patrol car and chasing down the shooter after being ambushed. Officials say Hartnett is in critical but stable condition.

Miami, FL ~ USA -- A Florida jury began weighing on Tuesday whether a man who killed his wife and posted a photo of her blood-spattered, lifeless body on Facebook committed first-degree murder. Attorneys for Derek Medina, 33, argued that he was acting in self-defense when he fired eight shots at Jennifer Alfonso, 27, in the kitchen of their Miami-area residence. The August 2013 shooting followed a fight in which she had threatened to leave, prosecutors said during closing statements. They argued that Medina retrieved a .380-caliber pistol from his bedroom and pulled the trigger repeatedly in a premeditated act of murder. "Every single shot hit her because he was aiming and he wanted her dead," said Assistant State Attorney Leah Klein in Miami-Dade County circuit court. Medina wrote on Facebook shortly before turning himself in: "I'm going to prison or death sentence for killing my wife. My wife was punching me, and I am not going to stand any more with the abuse so I did what I did," he added in the post. (Click here for video)

Montgomery County, Pa. -- Bill Cosby, the comedian and entertainer once known as “America’s dad”, appeared in court (Click here for video) to face his first criminal charge for sexual misconduct on Wednesday, for an incident in which he allegedly drugged and violated a woman who considered him to be her mentor. In a hearing lasting less than 10 minutes, Judge Elizabeth McHugh read out the three second-degree felony charges of aggravated indecent assault. He did not appear visibly moved; when asked if he understood the charges, he replied simply: “Yes.” Bail was set at $1m, of which Cosby will have to pay 10% on Wednesday. Cosby faces up to 10 years in prison for each charge.

San Diego, CA -- (WARNING, GRAPHIC) Police officials released surveillance video (Click here for video) Tuesday showing the fatal shooting of a homeless man who was believed to be carrying a knife — which turned out to be a pen.

Los Angeles, CA -- Sheriff Deputies accused Noel Aguilar of having a gun after they shot him in the back at point blank range multiple times. Deputy Albert Murade was shot in the stomach during the melee by his partner Deputy Jose Ruiz. (Click here for video)

GIFFORD, Fla. -- An Indian River County Sheriff’s deputy is in the hospital with a gunshot wound after he was involved in a shootout with an armed suspect.(Click here for video)

Denton, TX ~ USA -- Police dash camera video (Click here for video) appears to show a 21-year-old UNT student say "shoot me" several times and an officer say "back away" at least six times just seconds before the student was fatally wounded.

Lynwood, CA ~ USA -- A witness's graphic video (Click here for video) appears to show Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department deputies fatally shooting a man near a gas station in Lynwood. It was unclear what led to the incident, in which more than two dozen shots seemed to be fired. No deputies were injured. In accordance with protocol, a multi-agency investigation was underway.

Oklahoma City OK ~ USA -- A former Oklahoma City police officer was convicted Thursday of 18 of the 36 counts he faced, including four counts of first-degree rape, related to accusations that he victimized 13 women on his police beat in a minority, low-income neighborhood. Daniel Holtzclaw, 29, sobbed (Click here for video) as the verdict was read aloud. He could spend the rest of his life in prison based on the jury's recommendations, which include a 30-year sentence on each of the first-degree rape counts. Among the other charges he was convicted of were forcible oral sodomy, sexual battery and second-degree rape. The jury, which deliberated for about 45 hours over four days, recommended he serve a total of 263 years in prison. The judge will decide later whether he will have to serve the sentences consecutively.

Chicago, Ill. ~ USA -- The Chicago police, facing almost daily protests and a newly announced Justice Department investigation, released footage (Click here for video) Monday night showing a 38-year-old black man being shocked by a Taser and dragged down a hallway by officers in 2012.

Chicago, Ill. ~ USA -- The family of Ronald "Ronnieman" Johnson has ALWAYS said that he was brutally shot from behind by the Chicago Police. This new video (Click here for video) which was only released because of the public pressure on the city, shows they were right all along.

Chicago, Ill. ~ USA -- Reports, released by the city late Friday, show that Officer Jason Van Dyke and at least five other officers claim that the 17-year-old McDonald moved or turned threateningly toward officers, even though the video (Click here for video) of the October 2014 shooting shows McDonald walking away, and the scenario sketched out by Cook County State's Attorney Anita Alvarez in charging Van Dyke with murder contends he was walking away as well.

Miami, Fla. ~ USA -- A shocking video (Click here for video) captured by a bystander was recently uploaded to Instagram and sent to us this morning. That footage shows a Miami, Florida man being shot and killed by Miami Beach Police officers.

San Francisco, CA ~ USA -- Shocking San Francisco Police Shooting Video (Click here for video). Five officers unleash a hail of gunfire on a man with a knife.

Michigan ~ USA -- The family of an unarmed teenager fatally shot by an Eaton County Sheriff Deputy sues after son slain during traffic stop for flashing brights. Bodycam video (Click here for video) shows Deven Guilford stopped for flashing his high beams. It ends with a dizzying tumble of images and the sound of gunshots that killed the young driver.

« •Brought to you by Corrupt Justice™ ~ 2017! •»
«• Bookmark Us & Tell A Friend! •»
«• We're Global! •»
«• Corrupt Justice™ Invites You to Visit Our Affiliated Websites! •»
• Homies Place (Twitter)
• Homies Place (Facebook)
• @Wiliabee
• The Attorney Depot™ (YouTube)
• The Attorney Depot™ (Twitter)
« •Brought to you by Corrupt Justice™ ~ 2017! •»
«• Bookmark Us & Tell A Friend! •»
«• We're Global! •»

Above Photo: It’s a great opportunity to let people you know you are in the market for Real Estate. This knowledge should be shared all year round. Whether you are in the Real Estate market to Buy, Sell, Rent, or List to test the market. Visit Homies Place, a Global Real Estate Listing Service.

More News: @Corrupt Justice™ ~ View More videos @The Attorney Depot™ ~ Follow us @Wilabee.

Thursday, July 07, 2011

Casey Anthony Finale: The Injustice to Caylee Anthony (Updated: 05 May 2015)

November 18, 2011

Oakland, CA (WCJB)

«• Full Story @ Corrupt Justice! •»

• Corrupt Cops!
• Corrupt Judges!
• Corrupt Lawyers!
• Corrupt Government Officials!

« •Brought to you by Corrupt Justice! •»

«• Bookmark Us & Tell A Friend! •»

«• We're Global! •»

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓ Blog Post Starts Below ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

Pageviews by Countries

Sell Your Home(s)!

From: 2011 Jun 24 20:00 – 2011 Jul 1 19:00

United States
•» 3,458

•» 66

•» 29

•» 28

•» 26

South Africa
•» 22

United Kingdom
•» 20

•» 16

•» 15

•» 12

Top News Story!

News from Texas!

Daily News From The Longhorn State

Self-Imposed Justice!

Updated: 11/18/2011 01:42:30 PM PDT

SAN FRANCISCO - A man convicted in the 1998 murder of a 9-year-old boy was found hanging in his death row prison cell on Thursday in an apparent suicide at a Northern California prison, officials said. Brandon Wilson, 33, was pronounced dead at San Quentin State Prison, according to Terry Thornton, a spokeswoman for the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation. Wilson did not share his cell with another inmate. Authorities did not immediately release details on how he might have hung himself. A San Diego County jury sentenced Wilson to death in 1999 for murdering 9-year-old Matthew Cecchi the previous year in a park restroom in Oceanside, California.

Wilson is the 19th death row inmate to commit suicide since California reinstated capital punishment in 1978, according to the Department of Corrections. That means more condemned inmates have died of suicide than the 13 prisoners who have been executed in the state since 1978, prison officials said. There are 719 inmates on death row in California.

Summer Walk!

Updated: 07/07/2011 08:56:30 AM PDT

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A court official says Casey Anthony is going to be released from jail next Wednesday (July 13, 2011) following her conviction for lying to authorities who were investigating the death of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee.

Anthony was sentenced to four years in jail earlier Thursday, but she is receiving credit for the time she has already served as well as good behavior. She has been in jail for nearly three years. Anthony was acquitted of murder in the death of her child Tuesday.

Updated: 07/07/2011 08:45:17 AM PDT

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A judge sentenced Casey Anthony on Thursday to four years for lying to investigators but says she can go free in late July or early August because she has already served nearly three years in jail and has had good behavior.

Book$ & Million$!

July 6, 2011

Don't be surprised if Casey Anthony walks out of jail a free woman after her sentencing Thursday, legal experts say. A jury on Tuesday found Anthony not guilty of first degree murder, aggravated child abuse and aggravated manslaughter in the 2008 death of her daughter Caylee. With Tuesday's not guilty verdict on murder charges behind her, Anthony -- and the thousands riveted by every twist in the case -- now turn their attention to Thursday when the 25-year-old will learn her fate.

Many legal experts believe Anthony will be freed on time-served because she has already been jailed for about three years. "I would be surprised if she doesn't walk out of the courtroom Thursday," said an Atlanta defense lawyer. "She has served so much time already. I don't think the judge will make her serve any more time. The real question now is, what will she do next."

The Orange County Corrections Department said in a statement Wednesday its policy is to "release a jury-acquitted inmate from the courthouse under normal circumstances. However, due to the high profile nature of this case and intense, emotional interest by the public, appropriate measures will be taken to release the acquitted into the community in such a manner so as to preserve the safety of the acquitted individual and the public."

Analysts add there is nothing stopping her from cashing in on book or movie deals -- as her acquittal on serious charges now means she is free to profit off her story. There will be no legal restrictions on Anthony profiting on the details of this case, cashing in on deals for movies, books or interviews, analysts say. Because of her acquittal, so-called Son of Sam laws -- laws designed to keep criminals from earning money from their crimes -- do not apply, they say. "Why can't she make money off of her story," said another defense lawyer. "You've seen so many cases where witnesses for the prosecution have profited from the case. Look at the O.J. Simpson case and how the prosecutor, who lost the case, wrote books and made money afterward. So why can't Casey do it?"

Not Guilty!

July 5, 2011 ORLANDO, Fla. - Casey Anthony has been found not guilty of murdering her 2-year-old daughter Caylee. The jury declined to convict her of either first degree murder or manslaughter. The jury found Casey Anthony guilty on four counts of providing false information to law enforcement. Clutching the hand of her defense attorney Jose Baez, Casey Anthony began to sob as the verdict was read. The rest of her defense team stood beside her, also clutching hands. She thanked Baez as she was swarmed by the defense team. Her parents, Cindy and George Anthony, left the courtroom as Judge Belvin Perry read further instructions to the jury and did not join their daughter in the courtroom. Casey Anthony, who sat grim faced throughout the six weeks of testimony, beamed happily as she was fingerprinted in the courtroom for her conviction of providng false information to law enforcement.
Sentencing on the guilty counts will be held on 9 a.m. Thursday. Prosecutor Jeff Ashton, who had entered the courtroom to roaring applause, sat shaking his head after the verdict. Outside the courtroom, spectators screamed "Lord!" as the learned of the not guilty ruling. At the heart of the case was Casey Anthony's fantastic lie that a babysitter named Zenaida, referred to in court as "Zanny the nanny," had stolen Caylee Anthony. Prosecutors claimed that Casey Anthony killed her daughter by drugging Caylee with chloroform and suffocating her with duct tape over her mouth and nose. She killed Caylee, prosecutor Jeff Ashton claimed in his closing argument, because Casey Anthony had to choose between her child and "the life she wanted." "We submit to you the evidence in this case shows that the choice she made was her child," Ashton said.

Jury's Duty!

Closing Arguments!

July 3, 2011 As Casey Anthony alternately cried, glared and shook her head, prosecutors in her capital murder trial told jurors in closing arguments Sunday that evidence in the case points to only one conclusion -- that she murdered her 2-year-old daughter Caylee. "When you have a child, that child becomes your life," prosecutor Jeff Ashton told the seven-woman, five-man jury. "This case is about the clash between that responsibility, and the expectations that go with it, and the life that Casey Anthony wanted to have." Prosecutors allege that the Orlando woman used chloroform to render her daughter unconscious before putting duct tape over her nose and mouth to suffocate her. She left Caylee's body in the trunk of her car for a few days before disposing of it, they allege. In his closing argument, Ashton outlined the state's case against Casey Anthony, touching on her many lies to her parents and others, the smell in the trunk of her car, identified by numerous witnesses as the smell of human decomposition, and the items found with Caylee's skeletal remains in December 2008. He started with the lies, telling jurors that Casey Anthony "maintains her lies until they absolutely cannot be maintained any more" -- and then replaces it with another lie. "Call it Casey 3.0, the new version," Ashton said. Ashton disparaged the defense's theory in the case -- that Caylee drowned June 16 in the Anthonys' above-ground pool, and that Casey Anthony and her father, George Anthony, panicked upon finding the child's body and covered up her death. George Anthony has denied that scenario ever happened. The defense's arguments, Ashton told jurors, "require you to suspend your common sense," likening them to "a trip down a rabbit hole" into a world where men who love their granddaughters find them dead and yet do nothing; cover up an accident; and where "a man who buries his pets will take the granddaughter who is the love of his life and throw her in a swamp. This is the world the defense invites you to occupy." Ashton detailed the numerous stories Casey Anthony told her parents and others after Caylee was last seen on June 16, 2008, and the lies she told police after Caylee's grandmother, Cindy Anthony, reported her missing 31 days later. During those 31 days, Casey Anthony's friends and acquaintances testified she was shopping, hitting nightclubs and staying with her boyfriend, but did not tell them Caylee was missing. If they asked her daughter's whereabouts, they said, she often said Caylee was with her nanny, Zenaida Gonzalez. Police were never able to find the nanny, and she along with several other people Casey Anthony spoke of, are believed not to exist. Authorities did find a woman named Zenaida Gonzalez but she denied ever meeting the Anthonys. Ashton also went over items found with Caylee's remains, including a Winnie the Pooh blanket that matched the little girl's bedding at her grandparents' home, one of a set of laundry bags, with the twin found at the Anthony home, and duct tape he said was a relatively rare brand. "That bag is Caylee's coffin," Ashton said, holding up a photograph of the laundry bag as Casey Anthony turned her head to the side, pressed her hand to her mouth and closed her eyes. He theorized that after putting Caylee's body in the trunk of her car, Casey Anthony attempted to bury it in her parents' backyard, asking a neighbor for a shovel. She may have put the body down in the yard, explaining two cadaver dogs' alerting in the same area of the yard. But perhaps, Ashton said, digging a grave was too much work for Casey Anthony, and so she put the body in the woods instead. Ashton denigrated the defense's efforts to point suspicion at Roy Kronk, the former Orange County, Florida, meter reader who discovered Caylee's remains in December 2008. Defense attorneys have suggested Kronk found the body months earlier, but hid it, placing it in the spot where it was found before notifying authorities. "You can look at photographs of that body and tell that body has been there for a very, very long time," Ashton said. He noted that Kronk tried three times to report something suspicious at the location in August, but gave up after being "blown off" by the police. If he had really wanted the reward money, as the defense had suggested, all Kronk had to do was approach the media staked out in front of the Anthony home, Ashton said, but he did not.
"There is absolutely no possibility, reasonable or otherwise, that George Anthony had anything to do with disposing of this body," Ashton said. "He is a doting grandfather who loved that child literally more than life itself," he said, referring to George Anthony's suicide attempt in January 2009 after Caylee's remains were found. "The evidence in this case proves beyond any reasonable doubt that Casey Anthony decided on June 16 that something had to be sacrificed," Ashton said, because the conflict between the life she wanted and the life she had was "irreconcilable." "We can only hope the chloroform was used before the tape was applied, so Caylee went peacefully without fear," Ashton said. "But go she did, and she died because she could not breathe. She died because she had three pieces of duct tape over her nose and mouth. She died because her mother decided the life she wanted was more important." Defense attorney Jose Baez, however, told jurors, "I probably think you have more questions than you have answers," and noted that after all the evidence prosecutors have presented, the central question remains how Caylee died. In his closing, Baez attacked the state's case, saying it does not constitute the kind of evidence jurors need to make a decision in such a serious matter. Prosecutors' allegations are based on "fantasy (computer) searches, fantasy forensics, phantom stickers, phantom stains (in the trunk) ... and no real, hard evidence," he said. "When you make that decision in the jury deliberation room, it is irrevocable," he told jurors. "You can never take it back. You can never say, 'My God, I made a mistake.' You can never say, 'I changed my mind' ... it's done." At one point Baez referred to Ashton as "this laughing guy over here" during his closing argument. Ashton objected and Perry called a sidebar conference and then a recess. Baez said the drowning is "the only explanation that makes sense." He showed jurors a photograph of Caylee opening the home's sliding glass door by herself. There were, he said, no child safety locks in the home. Both George and Cindy testified that Caylee could get out of the house easily, he said. Although Cindy Anthony testified that Caylee could not put the ladder on the side of the pool and climb up, Baez alleged that Cindy Anthony may have left the ladder up the night before. She didn't admit to doing so in testimony, he said, but "how much guilt would she have knowing it was her that left the ladder up that day?" Baez told jurors his biggest fear is that they will base their verdict on emotions, not evidence. "Caylee Anthony was a beautiful, sweet, innocent child who died too soon," he said as Casey Anthony began to cry. "And that is not disputed by anyone." But, he said, prosecutors "gave you two weeks of testimony that was irrelevant," in an attempt to make the jury hate Casey Anthony and play on their emotions, something Baez called "improper." "The strategy behind that is, if you hate her, if you think she's a lying, no-good slut, then you'll start to look at this evidence in a different light," Baez said. "I told you at the very beginning of this case that this was an accident that snowballed out of control ... What made it unique is not what happened, but who it happened to." Baez blamed Casey Anthony's behavior on her dysfunctional family situation. "Casey has issues," Baez said. "And these issues were there long before Caylee was ever born and long before June 16, 2008." He said he was "not proud of the way Casey behaved. I don't think anybody here can justify her actions, but they do not constitute murder." "These people are different," Baez said of the Anthonys. "this girl is different. And this is why she behaved in this way." He also spoke about Gonzalez, featuring her and others on a chart entitled "Casey's imaginary friends." The state's alleged motive, that Casey Anthony was tired of being a parent and wanted to be a 22-year-old, Baez dismissed as "nonsense." "She had no motive," he said of his client. "Casey treated Caylee well. She loved that child." No witnesses, he reminded jurors, ever testified that Casey Anthony was anything other than a loving mother. Meanwhile, Baez said the testimony regarding the smell in the car "does not shed any light on how Caylee died. Period." For all the witnesses that testified about the vile odor, other witnesses testified they noticed no smell in the car, he pointed out. "We all know Casey acted inappropriately, and made some mistakes and bad decisions," Baez said, noting Casey Anthony should have called the police and not attempted to "block this out." And if she committed a crime in doing so, he said, the state can charge her for it. But, he said, prosecutors have "overcharged" the case "... just because it's entertainment." Baez continued efforts to focus suspicion on George Anthony, pointing out that when he went to retrieve his daughter's car at a wrecker yard July 15, he brought a gas can. Baez questioned how George Anthony knew the car was out of gas and also how he knew it had been left at an Orlando business for three days before it was towed. He also said George Anthony gave inconsistent statements regarding duct tape on one of the gas cans -- the same rare brand found on Caylee's remains. Just before closing arguments were set to begin, Perry prohibited Casey Anthony's defense attorneys from bringing up allegations that she was allegedly sexually abused by her father or brother. The defense had sought to explain Casey Anthony's behavior during the 31 days before Caylee's disappearance was reported to police by suggesting she had been schooled from an early age to hide her feelings as a result of sexual abuse that began when she was 8 by her father. George Anthony denied abusing his daughter in testimony. Baez said in his opening statements that Casey Anthony's brother, Lee Anthony, also abused her, but "it didn't go as far" as that with her father. Perry said there are "no facts in evidence or reasonable inferences that can be drawn ... that either Mr. George Anthony or Mr. Lee Anthony molested or attempted to molest Ms. Anthony." Following the defense's closing argument, prosecutors get one more chance to speak to jurors. Court broke for lunch in the middle of Baez's closing argument, and Orange County Chief Judge Belvin Perry Jr. and attorneys on both sides retired to the judge's conference room to continue working on jury instructions in the case. Jurors may begin deliberations later Sunday to decide if Anthony, now 25, is guilty of killing Caylee. She is charged with seven counts, including first-degree murder, aggravated child abuse and misleading police. If convicted of first-degree murder, she could receive the death penalty. July 2, 2011 Three years after 2-year-old Caylee Anthony was last seen alive, the murder trial of her mother is nearing an end. The Casey Anthony trial has lived up to the intense pre-trial hype and drama, beginning six weeks ago with her lawyer's blockbuster opening arguments alleging that her father -- George Anthony, who was Caylee's grandfather -- helped to cover-up that the girl accidentally died in the family pool. Prosecutors have denied that claim, as has George Anthony himself on the stand. Rather, they say that the Orlando woman rendered Caylee unconscious with chloroform, duct-taped her mouth and nose, and stored the child's body in her car trunk for a few days before dumping it in the woods.
A utility worker found the girl's skeletal remains in December 2008, six months after the last sighting, in a wooded area near her grandparent's home. By then, her mother had already been charged with Caylee's murder. Both sides will soon get their final chances to present their disparate cases, with closing arguments expected Sunday after a rare Saturday off-day, according to court spokeswoman Karen Connolly Levey. Then, the final decision will be in the hands of the jury of seven women and five men. They will decide if Casey Anthony, now 25, is guilty on seven counts including first-degree murder, aggravated child abuse and misleading police. According to Levey, the jury members -- who are all from Pinellas County, after Orange County Superior Court Chief Judge Belvin Perry Jr. moved the jury selection process there due to extensive media coverage around Orlando -- will deliberate through the July 4 holiday, assuming a quick verdict is not reached. If Casey Anthony is convicted of murder, the prosecution has signalled that it plans seek the death penalty against her. [Story Continues Below]


Posted: 07/01/2011 01:30:08 AM PDT Updated: 07/01/2011 09:19:33 AM PDT ORLANDO, Fla.—Casey Anthony's defense team rested its case Thursday in her high-profile murder trial without her testimony and some experts believe the strategy raised more questions than answers to support her claim that her 2-year daughter (pictured left) died in a tragic accident. The jury also saw a note from a failed suicide attempt by Casey Anthony's own father, who wrestled with questions about what happened to his granddaughter. Casey Anthony claimed he helped her dispose of Caylee's body after she drowned. At different parts of the note, George Anthony wrote: "Casey does not deserve to be where she is" and "She (Caylee) was found so close to home. Why?" The prosecution began its rebuttal on Thursday afternoon. Closing arguments will follow and the jury could begin deliberating by this weekend. If convicted of first-degree murder, the 25-year-old could receive the death penalty. Her attorneys never produced any witnesses bolstering the claim made in last month's opening statements that Anthony had acted without apparent remorse in the weeks after her daughter's death because she had been molested by her father as a child, resulting in emotional problems. "If you do not at least present facts to support that argument, the jury is going to think you have no credibility," said Tim Jansen, a former federal prosecutor and criminal defense attorney in Tallahassee. "When you promise the jury something and don't deliver it you severely handicaps your client's case and you undermine your credibility with that jury." Instead, the 13-day defense primarily focused on poking holes in the prosecution's contention that Anthony killed Caylee in June 2008 by covering her mouth with duct tape. Prosecutors said the woman dumped Caylee's body in the woods near her parents' home and then resumed her life of partying and shopping. Their case relied on circumstantial and forensic evidence, and it did have holes: Prosecutors had no witnesses who saw the killing or saw Casey Anthony with her daughter's body. And there was no certain proof that the child suffocated. The prosecution began its rebuttal Thursday by walking through the door opened on Wednesday by the defense when it allowed parts of George Anthony's suicide note to be admitted. The note included George Anthony (pictured left) asking questions about the death of his granddaughter. Several members of the jury were glued to their monitors as the prosecutor projected the letter for them to read. "Who is involved with this stuff for Caylee?" George Anthony wrote at one point in the letter to his family in January 2009. The defense said in its opening statement that Caylee drowned and that George Anthony, a former police officer, helped her cover up the death by making it look like a homicide and dumping the body near their home, where it was found by a meter reader six months later. George Anthony has vehemently denied any involvement in Caylee's death, the disposal of her body or molesting his daughter. Florida A&M law professor Karin Moore said she was "confused" throughout the case by the defense's approach. "The defense could have attacked George Anthony weeks ago on cross-examination during the state's case, but waited until late in the trial," she said. "I think they waited too long to ask the big questions and got themselves in trouble." The defense's final witnesses Thursday included Krystal Holloway, a woman who claims she had an affair with George Anthony that began after Caylee disappeared. She said he told her in November 2008 that Caylee's death was "an accident that snowballed out of control." George Anthony has denied having an affair with her but admitted visiting her home on several occasions. They also recalled George Anthony to ask if he had supplied duct tape he used to put up posters of his granddaughter when she was missing. He said he couldn't remember. Lead defense attorney Jose Baez also asked him if he buried his pets after their deaths in plastic bags wrapped with duct tape. Anthony said he had on some occasions. Prosecutors have contended Caylee's body was disposed of in a similar manner. Under prosecution questioning, he said he had never thrown their carcasses in a swamp. Caylee was last seen in mid-June 2008. For the next month, Casey Anthony (pictured left) avoided her parents, telling her mother and her friends that Caylee was with a baby sitter named Zanny. Casey's parents soon got a notice that their daughter's car had been towed. George Anthony and the tow lot operator both said the Pontiac Sunfire smelled like death. Prosecutors played a tape of a frantic 911 call made by Anthony's mother, Cindy, reporting her granddaughter missing. She tells the operator, "It smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car." Casey Anthony then told detectives that Caylee had been kidnapped by the nanny, and a massive search was launched. Over the next several weeks, hundreds of volunteers scoured central Florida for any clues to Caylee's whereabouts. Meanwhile, numerous photos surfaced of Casey Anthony drinking; some of them allegedly taken in the month after Caylee disappeared. Caylee's skeletal remains were reported in December 2008 by a municipal meter reader. A key part of the defense case was trying to discredit the meter reader, Roy Kronk, saying that he had actually discovered the body in August.

No Testimony!

Saturday, Jun 30, 2011 - 3:15 pm PT Casey Anthony's defense rested Thursday in her capital murder trial without calling her to testify, ending weeks of speculation about whether she would take the stand in her own defense. Orange County Chief Judge Belvin Perry Jr. questioned Anthony to ensure the decision not to take the stand was hers. She answered, "Yes, sir," or "yes" to his questions. Anthony's defense team is trying to discredit the prosecution theory that the Orlando woman rendered Caylee unconscious with chloroform, duct-taped her mouth and nose, and stored the child's body in her car trunk for a few days before dumping it in the woods. The defense says Caylee accidentally drowned in the family pool and that Anthony and her father panicked and covered it up. George Anthony has denied those claims.
Caylee was last seen June 16, 2008, although she was not reported missing until 31 days later, on July 15. The little girl's skeletal remains were found in December of the same year near the Anthony home, with duct tape still attached to the mouth portion. Prosecutors began calling rebuttal witnesses after a brief tussle took place over one of those witnesses, as well as records turned over to the defense Thursday. The first witness to testify was Orange County Sheriff's Office crime scene technician Alina Burroughs, who was on the stand very briefly. She said she took photos of the clothes and identified the photos. Jurors were also allowed to read the suicide note George Anthony wrote to his family on January 22, 2009, when he attempted suicide. George Anthony and his wife and Casey Anthony's mother, Cindy Anthony, were not in the Orlando courtroom as the suicide note was displayed on screens for jurors, but they re-entered afterward. "I cannot keep on going because it should be me that is gone from this earth, not her," the letter to Cindy Anthony, George Anthony's wife and Casey Anthony's mother, says in part. "I have lived many years. I am satisfied with my decision because I have never been the man you, Lee, Casey and especially Caylee Marie deserved ... I have always let each of you down in more ways than I can remember." Perry dismissed jurors for the day after the note was presented to the jury. He said rebuttal witnesses will likely conclude on Friday and closing arguments will be held Saturday morning, with jury instructions to follow and deliberations likely to begin on Saturday afternoon. Perry refused to allow one witness to testify on the odor from Casey Anthony's trunk. Numerous witnesses have supported the prosecution's contention that it was the smell of human decomposition, but the defense has suggested a bag of trash left in the trunk for weeks was the source of the smell. Perry ruled the witness' testimony was not rebuttal. The records the two sides wrangled over are from the former employer of Cindy Anthony. Prosecutors want to introduce them in an effort to prove Cindy Anthony was not home when searches for key words including chloroform were conducted on the Anthony family computer in March 2008. Last week, Cindy Anthony testified that she searched for words including chloroform and alcohol. She said she was trying to figure out what was making one of her Yorkie dogs "extremely tired all the time." Both the dogs ate bamboo plants in the backyard, she said, so she started searching for chlorophyll to see if the plants could cause the dog's exhaustion. She said she searched for other chemicals, including alcohol, because of a recent scare regarding hand sanitizers around small children and her concern for Caylee. She said she searched on some injuries as well, because a friend of hers had recently suffered head and chest injuries in a car accident. She told defense attorney Jose Baez that she was "looking up specific terminology that someone had asked me to look up." When cross-examining Cindy Anthony, prosecutor Linda Drane Burdick noted that time records from her job showed she was working the days -- March 17 and 21, 2008 -- and times the searches were conducted. Cindy Anthony said it was possible she could have been home at the time, as she went home early a couple of days that week. She told Burdick she couldn't say for sure if she was home those days unless she could access the computer at her former job. When Burdick asked why she never tried to get that information, Cindy Anthony said her work passwords would have long since expired, as she left in July 2008. Burdick told Perry on Thursday that she and authorities obtained a subpoena for those records after Cindy Anthony's testimony. She told the judge the prosecution received the records from Cindy Anthony's work phone and computer for the dates in question on Wednesday and gave them to the defense as soon as she could. "This is way too late," Baez told Perry. "We're right at the close of our case." But Perry ruled prosecutors had not committed a discovery violation. "Everyone knew this was coming based on Mrs. Anthony's testimony," he said. "I don't think it was any big surprise" that the prosecution obtained the records. However, the judge said he would allow the defense time to go through the records and interview the company's custodian of records. Baez told Perry just before court adjourned on Thursday that the defense wanted to subpoena Cindy Anthony's work records for July 15, 2008. Prosecutor Frank George told Perry the records custodian said he might not be able to get them until next week because of the upcoming holiday. "If he gets them, he gets them, and if there's something earth-shattering, then -- it is what it is," Perry said. Perry also, outside the presence of the jury, found a 28-year-old man -- an apparent spectator -- guilty of contempt of court. The young man, who identified himself as Matthew Bartlett, was hauled in front of Perry for brandishing his middle finger at prosecutor Jeff Ashton in open court, in violation of a sign posted saying gestures would not be allowed. "I'm truly sorry for doing this," said the chastened Bartlett. "This is something stupid. I'm not sure why I even did it. I just apologize." His apology, however, was not enough for Perry, who sentenced him to six days in jail and fined him $400 plus $223 in court costs, giving him six months to pay the fine. Bartlett was handcuffed and taken to jail by Orange County deputies. Bartlett's gesture was caught on camera, and a local station aired it, said court spokeswoman Karen Levey. She said it was brought to her attention, and she notified Perry. Earlier, George Anthony's alleged mistress took the stand, testifying he once told her the death of his 2-year-old granddaughter Caylee was "an accident that snowballed out of control." "I was in shock," Krystal Holloway told jurors. "By the time I looked up, his eyes were filled with tears. I didn't elaborate. I didn't ask anything further." Holloway, who also uses the name River Cruz, said she met the Anthonys at their tent -- the headquarters in the search for Caylee -- in July or August 2008. She said her relationship with George Anthony lasted for months, but she was also in a relationship at the time with someone else. George Anthony has denied having an affair with Holloway. He did testify that he visited her, but said that she had told him and his wife that she had a brain tumor and was dying, and since she had donated her time to help his family find Caylee, he felt comforting her was "the least I could do." Baez introduced into evidence a text message sent by George Anthony to Holloway on December 16, 2008, which said, "Just thinking about you. I need you in my life." Holloway said she kept quiet about the relationship for years, and when police first approached her and confronted her with text messages, she denied the relationship at first but later set the record straight. On cross-examination, she acknowledged to Ashton that she was paid $4,000 for an interview with a tabloid about the time she admitted the alleged affair to police. Holloway grew defensive after Ashton asked how the interview related to the change in her story, saying, "I had no choice but to tell the truth." She said she was being "trashed" in the media and agreed to speak to the tabloid because she felt other media would selectively edit her story. She also acknowledged that, in a statement to police, she said that George Anthony told her, "I really believe that it was an accident that just went wrong and (Casey Anthony) tried to cover it up." Holloway hotly maintained that George Anthony did not actually say that, but Ashton pointed it out in her statement. "He didn't tell you that he was present when this occurred, did he?" Ashton asked. "No," Holloway said. Ashton asked her to read her statement, and asked her if it wasn't true that George Anthony made it clear he had no firsthand knowledge of what happened to Caylee. She admitted that was true. She also acknowledged George Anthony sent the text message five days after Caylee's remains were found. After Holloway's testimony, Perry told jurors her testimony may be used to impeach George Anthony's credibility, but told them that her testimony is not proof of how Caylee died and is not evidence of Casey Anthony's guilt or innocence. George Anthony, who offered some of the trial's most dramatic testimony on Wednesday, was recalled to the stand Thursday along with his wife and son to answer questions about the manner in which various family pets had been buried over the years. Some of them, they testified, were buried with blankets in a black plastic bag and secured with tape. Cindy Anthony noted that some of the pets were secured that way by the veterinarian after they died. She said she didn't think it was duct tape, but Lee Anthony recalled using duct tape to secure a plastic bag on one occasion. "I take it that you did not euthanize your own pets with chloroform?" prosecutor Linda Drane Burdick asked Cindy Anthony. She also asked whether duct tape was put on the animals' faces and Cindy Anthony said no. "Have you ever taken a dead pet and thrown it in a swamp?" Ashton asked George Anthony, who said no. Private investigator Dominic Casey was also recalled to the stand to answer brief questions about where he searched in November 2008 for Caylee in the same area where her remains were found a month later. On Wednesday, George Anthony bristled at Baez's questions and at one point broke down and sobbed on the stand as he was questioned about his granddaughter and his suicide attempt that followed the discovery of her remains. The day he attempted suicide by drinking and taking pills, "It just felt like the right time to go and be with Caylee," George Anthony told Ashton, his voice breaking. "... I just decided it was time for me to get away from all this, to spend time with Caylee." As her father testified, Casey Anthony scribbled notes and occasionally shook her head angrily or whispered to her attorneys. No expression was visible on her face as she watched her father cry on the witness stand.

Movie Intermission!

O.J. Simpson Verdict: Not Guilty!

Description: The trial received extensive media coverage. The media coverage was itself at times controversial; the issue of whether or not to allow any video cameras into the courtroom was among the first issues Judge Ito had to decide, ultimately ruling that live camera coverage was warranted. Ito would be later criticized for this decision by other legal professionals, and Ito himself, along with others related to the case (Marcia Clark, Mark Fuhrman, Kato Kaelin) were said to have been influenced to some degree by the media presence, and the publicity that came with it. The trial was covered in 2,237 news segments from 1994 through 1997. The Los Angeles Times alone covered the case on its front page for more than 300 days after the murders, and the Big Three networks' nightly news broadcasts gave more air time to the case than to Bosnian War and the Oklahoma City bombing combined. The media outlets served an enthusiastic public; one company put the loss of national productivity from employees following the case instead of working at $40 billion.

More Below

Post a Comment