Enter Text Here to Search Corrupt Justice™ and Williby Blogs:

Top News Stories ~ 2018!


(Top video) Miami Beach, FL · (@Wilabee) ~ United States (WCJB) (Originally Published: March 26, 2016 ~ Updated: July 4, 2018) -- Watch as three men distract the store clerk and place card (reader) skimmer on ATM Point-of-Sale Machine.

"Black Cop Shoots 9 Y.O. White Girl!"

Wichita, Kansas ~ ( Originally Published: June 23, 2018 ~ Updated: July 9, 2018) -- (Photo) Former Wichita police officer Dexter Betts is charged with one count of aggravated battery in a shooting that wounded a 9-year-old girl on Dec. 30, 2017.
Read more at: ***

Corrupt Justice™ & The Attorney Depot™ Celebrating Over Thirty Million (36 Million) Views (Combined)!
Notice: Our HTTPS settings have changed. All visitors are now able to view our blog over an encrypted connection by visiting https://willibys-corruptjustice.blogspot.com. Existing links and bookmarks to our blog will continue to work.

"Golden [Guy] Killer Appears In Court!"
Sacramento, California ~ ( Originally Published: March 26, 2016 ~ Updated: July 4, 2018) -- The Golden State Killer, Joseph DeAngelo, is one of the most prolific predators in U.S. history. He sometimes invaded different houses on consecutive nights. Deangelo sometimes returned to the same neighborhood so often that the people who lived there slept in shifts. He terrorized the suburbs of Sacramento. Later on, he continued his murderous crime spree, near Los Angeles, hundreds of miles to the south. (See: Full Hearing!)
Watch More At: The Harry Williby Channel!

Corrupt Justice™ ~ 2018
Oakland, California
«• More Stories and Videos @ Corrupt Justice™! •»

Milwaukee, Wisconsin · (@Wilabee) ~ United States (WCJB) (Originally Published: May 23, 2018 ~ Updated: May 24, 2018) -- The video (Click here) shows an officer approaching Sterling Brown as he goes to get back into his car. The car was parked right in front of the Walgreens (the lot is essentially empty because it’s about 2 a.m.). Brown points out that he doesn’t see anything wrong with parking across two lanes since the lot is empty. The officer tells Brown to back away from him and calls for backup. When backup arrives, the officer (whose name was not released by MPD) says he “only wanted one [car for backup].” He claims that Brown got “right up in my face.” Several officers surround Brown. One angrily tells him to get his hand out of his pocket. When Brown points out that his hands are full, the officer wrenches Brown’s hand out, and a group of officers wrestle him to the ground and tase him. Brown can be heard groaning in anguish after an officer shouts “Taser! Taser! Taser!”

Parkland, FL {PUBLISHED: February 22, 2018 at 02:50 pm | UPDATED: February 23, 2018 at 02:45 pm} -- Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel announced Thursday that school resource officer, Deputy Scot Peterson turned in his retirement papers. Scot retired after being told he would be placed on leave without pay. Peterson was on the campus of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School last week during the fatal school shooting.Peterson was armed and in uniform during the shooting. Israel said there was video showing Peterson's actions, but the video would not be released because the investigation is continuing. He said the video showed Peterson take up a position outside the building, but "he never went in."

New York, NY {PUBLISHED: March 6, 2017 at 12:50 pm | UPDATED: August 24, 2017 at 01:53 am} -- The New York health department alerted doctors to the case of a newborn who fell ill after undergoing the ultra-Orthodox Jewish practice in which the circumcision wound is cleaned by the Rabbi's mouth. The baby boy was rushed to hospital when he developed herpes following the controversial ancient circumcision ritual. A rash is said to have spread across the child’s genitals, buttocks, inner thighs and ankle two weeks after the procedure. An estimated 3,000 babies are circumcised each year using the method in New York City. NYC is home to the largest Jewish population outside Israel. There have been six cases of herpes among children who have had the ritual known as metzitzah b’peh performed on them since February 2015. Of the six previously undisclosed cases, two occurred last year and three in 2015. Herpes, a highly contagious viral disease which can cause blisters and ulcers. Herpes is more severe in newborn babies as their immune systems are not fully developed. Since 2000, there have been 24 cases of infant herpes linked to circumcision, leading to two deaths and two cases of brain damage.

(Published: Thurs., April 13, 2017) — On Monday, Nandi Cain Jr. had just gotten off work and was headed to his Sacramento apartment when he noticed an officer approaching from behind him with his hand on his gun, according to police accounts, videos of the event and local news reports. Cain put his hands up as the officer approached, but continued to walk away slowly. He asked the police officer the reason for the stop, then protested when he heard it: “You were jaywalking,” the officer said on the dash-cam video released by the police department this week. “I looked both ways,” Cain replied. “You’re harassing me. I just got off work. You’re trying to pull me over for nothing.” Click here for video

EL CENTRO, CA (WCJB) ~ United States The El Centro Police Department said it's investigating a video that shows officers using force on a suspect who put several people in danger Tuesday afternoon. The video shows officers beating 23-year-old Elizardo Saenz, an El Centro resident. It also shows a K-9 police dog attacking Saenz. (Click here for video)

Oakland, CA (WCJB) ~ United States -- A sex scandal involving Oakland police officers and a then underage girl has all the makings of a TV thriller. The saga is full of twists and turns. The scandal erupted months after Officer Brendan O'Brien committed suicide. O'Brien left a note spilling the details, including names. Three Oakland officers were placed on paid leave. A source said O'Brien in his suicide note confessed to exchanging messages with a young woman who goes by the name Celeste Guap. However, the note says he did not have sexual contact with her. The same sources said she has met multiple officers. In the note, O'Brien named the officers, including one sergeant, involved in the alleged sexual misconduct with Guap. Guap is the daughter of a Oakland police dispatcher. The police investigation will look at whether Guap was under age during some of the encounters with officers. (Click here for video)

New Orleans, LA (WCJB) ~ United States -- On September 4, 2005, New Orleans police received a call from an officer at Danziger Bridge reporting gunfire. Several NOPD officers—including Sgt. Kenneth Bowen, Sgt. Robert Gisevius, Officer Anthony Villavaso, and Officer Robert Faulcon—arrived at the scene in a Budget rental truck. They proceeded to open fire with assault rifles and a shotgun on an unarmed family, the Bartholomews, who had been walking to a grocery store and were then sheltering behind a concrete barrier. 17-year-old James Brissette—a family friend—was killed, and four other people were wounded. The police shooters stated that while approaching the bridge, they had been fired on by civilians, and were forced to return fire. Homicide detective Arthur "Archie" Kaufman was made the lead investigator on the case. He was later found guilty of conspiring with the defendants to conceal evidence in order to make the shootings appear justified, including fabricating information for his official reports on the case. NOPD lieutenant Michael Lohman also encouraged the officers to "provide false stories about what had precipitated the shooting" and plant a firearm near the scene. (Click here for video)

Aiken, S.C. (WCJB) ~ United States -- A horrifying new dashcam video shows at least one white member of the Aiken, S.C. Police Department search inside a black man’s rectum for the apparent crime of being a passenger in a car with paper tags, which, it bears noting, is not a crime in the state of South Carolina. Driving a car with paper tags isn’t illegal either, as long as they aren’t expired. The car belonged to a woman named Lakeya Hicks, who had the paper tags because she had recently purchased the vehicle. Hicks’ tags weren’t expired, and a check on her license came up clean. However, the cops didn’t let her go. (Click here for video)

Brooklyn, NY (WCJB) ~ United States -- When an unmarked police car drove very close to mailman Glenn Grays in Brooklyn, Grays shouted at the car. Four plainclothes officers got out of the car and started to handcuff him. Grays initially tried to resist, and one of the officers said “Stop resisting! You’re going to get hurt if you don’t give me your fucking hands.” (Click here for video)

Fresno, CA (WCJB) ~ United States -- (Warning Graphic Video) Fresno Police shoot and kill mentally ill man within seconds of exiting their patrol vehicle! (Click here for video)

Royal Oaks, MI (WCJB) ~ United States -- Another case of police brutality in the city of Royal Oak. The man doesn't resist at all! The reason for his arrest remains unknown. It appears as if the officers wanted to rip a limb off of him! (Click here for video)

San Francisco, CA (WCJB) ~ United States (Feb. 29, 2016) -- Cops CAUGHT ON CAMERA brutally beating man. When they realize they've been FILMED they try to confiscate the camera and ID the guy recording them. WATCH the video and see how well that went for them. SPREAD THE WORD! THIS IS HOW YOU RESPOND when a VIOLENT COP tries to take your camera! CALL Internal Affairs Division, 415-837-7170 and ask them why their officers BEAT people and then ILLEGALLY try to confiscate evidence of Police Brutality? (Click here for video)
Chowchilla, CA ~ United States -- Tyler Hormel, arrested by Madera County Sheriff''s Office on Monday (Feb. 8, 2016) and accused of sexual misconduct with a minor, has been fired from the Chowchilla Police Force, and charged with sexual misconduct. (Click here for video)
Marion County, Florida ~ United States -- A federal grand jury in Tampa has indicted a former Florida sheriff’s deputy on charges of violating the civil rights of an unarmed Black man, who was brutally beaten after surrendering to him and other officers following a brief chase last year, reports Reuters. Former Marion County sheriff’s deputy Jesse Terrell, 33, is accused of using excessive force against Derrick Price during the incident in August 2014 that was captured on video, according to the indictment handed down late Tuesday. Four of Terrell’s former colleagues pleaded guilty to the charge after accepting a deal, according to media sources. (Click here for video)
Wake County, North Carolina ~ United States -- Shon Demetrius McClain died from blunt force trauma to the head and neck 13 days after prosecutors say he got into a fight with officer Markeith Council in Wake County, North Carolina.(Click here for video)
New York ~ United States -- Opening statements and testimony began this week in the long-awaited trial of New York City police officer Peter Liang for the killing of Akai Gurley, an unarmed 28-year-old African-American man walking down the stairs in his apartment building, part of the Louis H. Pink housing projects in the East New York section of Brooklyn. Jury selection in the case was completed last week. Gurley died more than 14 months ago, on November 20, 2014, as two cops were making a “vertical patrol,” checking the stairwells in the high-rise building. As Brooklyn Assistant District Attorney Marc Fliedner put it, opening the prosecution’s case, “Akai Gurley is dead today because he crossed paths with Peter Liang.” Liang was indicted by a Brooklyn grand jury on manslaughter and other charges last February, and both prosecution and defense agree on the immediate events that led to Gurley’s death.(Click here for video)
Oklahoma City, OK ~ United States -- Daniel Holtzclaw has officially been sentenced for the rape and sexual assault of 13 Black women in Oklahoma. Will serve the rest of his life behind bars. He was sentenced to 263 years in prison. Holtzclaw, 29, was convicted in December of 2015, on 18 of the 36 counts he had been facing — including four counts of first-degree rape. (Click here for video)

United States -- Police officers physically outmatched by a combative male, resort to taser use. (Click here for video)

Chicago, IL -- Surveillance video (Click here for video) in connection with a Chicago police officer's fatally shooting 17-year-old Cedrick Chatman was released today by attorneys for the teen's family. A federal judge ordered the release of footage showing the 2013 shooting today after the city withdrew its objection to its being made public. Chicago police officer Kevin Fry fatally shot Chatman Jan. 7, 2013, in broad daylight during a foot chase, according to court records. Chatman’s family had fought for the video to be released as part of a wrongful death lawsuit they filed over the shooting against the city, Fry and Chicago police officer Lou Toth, who pursued Chatman along with Fry during the foot chase. Family members have argued the video will counter the city and police’s narrative that the 17-year-old was a danger to police. IPRA concluded the officers' actions were justified because they reasonably believed Chatman was armed at the time.

Brooklyn, NY -- A newly-released surveillance video (Click here for video) contradicts an undercover NYPD police officer who arrested four people in Brooklyn for allegedly trying to rob him on Dec. 26, 2015, according to a defense lawyer. Jean Scott, 33; Peterson Duplan, 28; Ricardi Joseph, 29; and Samantha Dabel, 24, said that they were approached by a man who tried to buy drugs from them at a hardware store. The undercover cop was identified as Winston McDonald, who testified in court that Duplan allegedly flashed a switchblade at him outside of the store, and said, "Give me your money or I will stab you," according to court papers.

Forth Worth, TX -- The mother of ‘affluenza’ teen Ethan Couch was ordered released from a Tarrant County jail cell after a bond hearing this afternoon. She may be leaving the jail soon. Judge Wayne Salvant ordered her bond reduced to $75,000 with several conditions. The conditions include weekly visits with the Community Supervisions and Corrections Department of Tarrant County. She is also not to consume alcoholic beverages or use social media. “Let’s look at it for what it is, I understand everyone is concerned and there is outrage in the community… but as a judge I have to look at the law,” said Judge Salvant. Couch and her lawyers were present at a 2 p.m. bond hearing at the Tarrant County Justice Center hoping to have her bond reduced. It was originally set at $1 million since she was charged with Hindering Apprehension of a Felon. (Click here for video)

Salt Lake City, Utah -- Exactly one year after a man was shot and killed during an altercation with a Salt Lake City Police Department officer, a former Davis County Sheriff says new video (Click here for video)footage indicates the officer's actions may not have been justified. James Barker, 42, was shot and killed January 8, 2015 after officer Matthew Taylor responded to a 911 call about a suspicious person and an altercation ensued, during which Barker appeared to strike the officer with a snow shovel.

Philadelphia, PA ~ USA -- Corrupt Justice™ has obtained a video (Click here for video) of the police shooting that took place Thursday night at 60th and Spruce streets. Edward Archer, a 30-year-old Delaware County man who has allegedly claimed an allegiance to ISIS, shot and wounded Officer Jesse Hartnett at 11:41 p.m. last night, city police said. Stunningly, Hartnett can be seen in the video getting out of his patrol car and chasing down the shooter after being ambushed. Officials say Hartnett is in critical but stable condition.

Miami, FL ~ USA -- A Florida jury began weighing on Tuesday whether a man who killed his wife and posted a photo of her blood-spattered, lifeless body on Facebook committed first-degree murder. Attorneys for Derek Medina, 33, argued that he was acting in self-defense when he fired eight shots at Jennifer Alfonso, 27, in the kitchen of their Miami-area residence. The August 2013 shooting followed a fight in which she had threatened to leave, prosecutors said during closing statements. They argued that Medina retrieved a .380-caliber pistol from his bedroom and pulled the trigger repeatedly in a premeditated act of murder. "Every single shot hit her because he was aiming and he wanted her dead," said Assistant State Attorney Leah Klein in Miami-Dade County circuit court. Medina wrote on Facebook shortly before turning himself in: "I'm going to prison or death sentence for killing my wife. My wife was punching me, and I am not going to stand any more with the abuse so I did what I did," he added in the post. (Click here for video)

Montgomery County, Pa. -- Bill Cosby, the comedian and entertainer once known as “America’s dad”, appeared in court (Click here for video) to face his first criminal charge for sexual misconduct on Wednesday, for an incident in which he allegedly drugged and violated a woman who considered him to be her mentor. In a hearing lasting less than 10 minutes, Judge Elizabeth McHugh read out the three second-degree felony charges of aggravated indecent assault. He did not appear visibly moved; when asked if he understood the charges, he replied simply: “Yes.” Bail was set at $1m, of which Cosby will have to pay 10% on Wednesday. Cosby faces up to 10 years in prison for each charge.

San Diego, CA -- (WARNING, GRAPHIC) Police officials released surveillance video (Click here for video) Tuesday showing the fatal shooting of a homeless man who was believed to be carrying a knife — which turned out to be a pen.

Los Angeles, CA -- Sheriff Deputies accused Noel Aguilar of having a gun after they shot him in the back at point blank range multiple times. Deputy Albert Murade was shot in the stomach during the melee by his partner Deputy Jose Ruiz. (Click here for video)

GIFFORD, Fla. -- An Indian River County Sheriff’s deputy is in the hospital with a gunshot wound after he was involved in a shootout with an armed suspect.(Click here for video)

Denton, TX ~ USA -- Police dash camera video (Click here for video) appears to show a 21-year-old UNT student say "shoot me" several times and an officer say "back away" at least six times just seconds before the student was fatally wounded.

Lynwood, CA ~ USA -- A witness's graphic video (Click here for video) appears to show Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department deputies fatally shooting a man near a gas station in Lynwood. It was unclear what led to the incident, in which more than two dozen shots seemed to be fired. No deputies were injured. In accordance with protocol, a multi-agency investigation was underway.

Oklahoma City OK ~ USA -- A former Oklahoma City police officer was convicted Thursday of 18 of the 36 counts he faced, including four counts of first-degree rape, related to accusations that he victimized 13 women on his police beat in a minority, low-income neighborhood. Daniel Holtzclaw, 29, sobbed (Click here for video) as the verdict was read aloud. He could spend the rest of his life in prison based on the jury's recommendations, which include a 30-year sentence on each of the first-degree rape counts. Among the other charges he was convicted of were forcible oral sodomy, sexual battery and second-degree rape. The jury, which deliberated for about 45 hours over four days, recommended he serve a total of 263 years in prison. The judge will decide later whether he will have to serve the sentences consecutively.

Chicago, Ill. ~ USA -- The Chicago police, facing almost daily protests and a newly announced Justice Department investigation, released footage (Click here for video) Monday night showing a 38-year-old black man being shocked by a Taser and dragged down a hallway by officers in 2012.

Chicago, Ill. ~ USA -- The family of Ronald "Ronnieman" Johnson has ALWAYS said that he was brutally shot from behind by the Chicago Police. This new video (Click here for video) which was only released because of the public pressure on the city, shows they were right all along.

Chicago, Ill. ~ USA -- Reports, released by the city late Friday, show that Officer Jason Van Dyke and at least five other officers claim that the 17-year-old McDonald moved or turned threateningly toward officers, even though the video (Click here for video) of the October 2014 shooting shows McDonald walking away, and the scenario sketched out by Cook County State's Attorney Anita Alvarez in charging Van Dyke with murder contends he was walking away as well.

Miami, Fla. ~ USA -- A shocking video (Click here for video) captured by a bystander was recently uploaded to Instagram and sent to us this morning. That footage shows a Miami, Florida man being shot and killed by Miami Beach Police officers.

San Francisco, CA ~ USA -- Shocking San Francisco Police Shooting Video (Click here for video). Five officers unleash a hail of gunfire on a man with a knife.

Michigan ~ USA -- The family of an unarmed teenager fatally shot by an Eaton County Sheriff Deputy sues after son slain during traffic stop for flashing brights. Bodycam video (Click here for video) shows Deven Guilford stopped for flashing his high beams. It ends with a dizzying tumble of images and the sound of gunshots that killed the young driver.

« •Brought to you by Corrupt Justice™ ~ 2017! •»
«• Bookmark Us & Tell A Friend! •»
«• We're Global! •»
«• Corrupt Justice™ Invites You to Visit Our Affiliated Websites! •»
• Homies Place (Twitter)
• Homies Place (Facebook)
• @Wiliabee
• The Attorney Depot™ (YouTube)
• The Attorney Depot™ (Twitter)
« •Brought to you by Corrupt Justice™ ~ 2017! •»
«• Bookmark Us & Tell A Friend! •»
«• We're Global! •»

Above Photo: It’s a great opportunity to let people you know you are in the market for Real Estate. This knowledge should be shared all year round. Whether you are in the Real Estate market to Buy, Sell, Rent, or List to test the market. Visit Homies Place, a Global Real Estate Listing Service.

More News: @Corrupt Justice™ ~ View More videos @The Attorney Depot™ ~ Follow us @Wilabee.

Monday, May 18, 2009

Wife Killing Cops! - Part II

May 16, 2009

Oakland, CA (WCJB)

«• Fulton County, GA - Gerald Copeland, a retired Lieutenant with the Fulton County Police Department was back in trouble with the law Thursday. Police said Copeland's crimes involve a prostitute. In a widening investigation, another prostitute is claiming Copeland abducted her, robbed her and raped her. Union City police have charged Copeland in connection with the discovery of a half-clothed Atlanta prostitute found wandering in a subdivision off Highway 92. Police said they suspect there are many more victims out there who are too afraid to come forward. •»

«• Full Story @ Corrupt Justice! •»

• Corrupt Cops!
• Corrupt Judges!
• Corrupt Lawyers!
• Corrupt Government Officials!

« •Brought to you by Corrupt Justice! •»

«• Bookmark Us & Tell A Friend! •»

«• We're Global! •»

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓ Blog Post Starts Below ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

Click on Banner to Sell Your Home(s)!

Click here for more Legal News!

The Attorney Depot™

Miami Beach!

"The Skim!"

Miami Beach, Fla. -- Watch as three men distract the store clerk and place card (reader) skimmer on ATM Point-of-Sale Machine.

Runtime: 00:01:17 (One Minute, Seventeen Seconds)
Video Site: The Attorney Depot™

Featured Video!

Confession of a
Serial Rapist & Killer (Documentary 2010)!

Description: (Bottom of Page) Canada -- He seemed successful and happy, yet at 44 he embarked on a life of crime that escalated from panty fetish to murder. To the experts, Col. Russell Williams seems a walking Jekyll and Hyde. His crimes gave investigators no reason to suspect a link. In Ottawa, a burglar was stealing lingerie in a middle-class neighbourhood, careful to break in when no one was home. In Tweed, 200 kilometres west, two women were sexually assaulted by a man who took pictures but did not attempt penetration. In Brighton, south of Tweed, an air force flight attendant was badly beaten, raped and murdered. The modi operandi could not have been more different. Police considered a link to the Tweed sexual assaults when Jessica Elizabeth Lloyd, 27, went missing in late January from her home near the village. But nothing could have prepared them for the suspect they finally caught. Williams seems a walking Jekyll and Hyde: by day, commander of CFB Trenton, the biggest air force base in Canada; by night, a sexual predator. Copyright © 2013 Corrupt Justice™. All Rights Reserved.

Contact The Attorney Depot™
For AdSpace, e-mail: theattorneydepot@gmail.com

"The only good nigger is a dead nigger and they should hang you in the town square to prevent any other nigger from coming in the area."

-- July 2011 Statement by Oakland, CA Public Schools Police Chief Pete Sarna to an African-American police officer under his command. (August 18, 2007: A high-ranking California Department of Justice official hired by Atty. Gen. Jerry Brown resigned Friday. His resignation comes a week after he crashed a state-owned vehicle and was arrested on suspicion of drunk driving. Peter C. Sarna II, deputy director of the Division of Law Enforcement, helped oversee hundreds of state agents, criminologists and other employees who provide investigative, intelligence, forensic and security services for the department. Sarna, 37, is a former Oakland police officer who headed special operations, including gang suppression efforts, when Brown was the city's mayor. One of the few aides Brown brought along when he took office in January, Sarna assumed a leadership role in the attorney general's anti-gang program that recently produced dozens of arrests through joint state-local raids on gang members' homes in Stockton and Atwater in the Central Valley.)

Top News Story!

Police Footage!

Posted: 4:37 PM PDT August 16, 2016 ~ Updated: 03:53 PM PDT Sept. 05, 2016

Roseville, CA -- California Highway Patrol Officer Jose Roid is a seven-year veteran on the force. He graduated from the CHP Academy in 2009. He is assigned to the Truckee area office. Roid is charged with illegally videotaping a victim in a Roseville home. Roseville police report that Roid concealed a video camera in the bathroom of the home and recorded an adult victim.

Roid was placed under arrest Monday. Roid was taken into custody after turning himself over to authorities. He is currently listed as an inmate in Placer County Jail. He is ineligible for bail.

The Proof!

Mirror Images!

Posted: Aug. 1, 2016 10:53 AM PDT - Updated: Aug. 3, 2016 12:46 AM PDT

Washington -- A gunman, 19-year-old Allen Christopher Ivanov (pictured above-inset), walked through a house to the fire pit out back, where he shot 2 people before going onto a roof and firing more shots from there. Those present knew the gunman and told authorities he had recently been dumped by one of the victims, Anna Bui. After firing off around 20 bullets, Ivanov left the scene. About 90 minutes later and about 100 miles away, state troopers near Chehalis pulled over and arrested him. According to sources, the day after Ivanov’s girlfriend broke up with him last week, he purchased an AR-15 rifle. Five mass shootings in Washington State this year so far; three since June.

Double Standards!

Posted: Oct 04, 2015 10:53 PM PT - Updated: Oct 29, 2015 01:03 AM PT

Blue Fire Killer!


Posted: May 04, 2015 10:53 PM PDT - Updated: May 05, 2015 07:03 PM PDT

GILROY, Calif. (WCJB) -- A teenager she shot herself with a gun owned by her stepfather. He is a Gilroy police officer. At 3 p.m. on Monday, Gilroy Police and Fire personnel were called to the home where the officer lives. He lives with his stepdaughter on the 500 block of El Cerrito. 911 received a report the girl shot herself in the leg. Once there, crews realized it was the home of a police officer. The girl was given first aid and was taken to a trauma center. Investigators say she will survive and is stable condition. Police have not released the girl's age but say she was undergoing treatment for her injuries. She was recovering in the hospital in stable condition Monday night.

A Gilroy Police spokesman confirmed that the teenager is the stepdaughter of a Gilroy officer. The preliminary investigation shows she accidentally shot herself with the officer's personal weapon. Police say their initial investigation indicates she was able to access the officer's personal firearm and accidentally fired a shot into her leg. It is unclear at this point where the gun was or how the girl got it. However, the officer could face charges if investigators find the gun was not properly stored.

The Gilroy Police Department is now investigating the shooting and has also launched an internal review. Sgt. Royce Heath, a Gilroy Police Department spokesman said: "There are laws that govern the storage of weapons, firearms specifically. The circumstances involved in this case I'm not sure. The preliminary investigation has been started and we have to wait until we know further." Gilroy Police will ultimately hand off their findings to the Santa Clara County District Attorney's Office for an additional review.

They say officers are given safety devices when they are issued their city-owned weapon. Investigators are not releasing any information about the officer at this time, including how long he has been with the department, but say they will release that in the near future.

The Cop-Out!

Posted: 8:20 p.m. EDT, August 5, 2013 - Updated: 11:54 p.m. PDT, August 6, 2013

 photo OfficerJAMESSMITH_BaltimorePD_Deceased_zps1f97a74c.jpg

West Baltimore, Md. -- James Walton Smith, 49, a Baltimore police officer, awaiting trial for murder in the death of his fiancee, died early Monday in an apparent suicide in jail, state prison officials said. Smith, a 20-year Baltimore police veteran assigned to the motorcade unit, was charged with fatally shooting his fiancee, Kendra Diggs, 37, in May after a domestic dispute turned into a nearly six-hour barricade and standoff at the couple's West Baltimore home. Two Baltimore police officers were dispatched to Smith and Diggs' home in the 1100 block of N. Parrish St. on May 7 after a neighbor reported a domestic disturbance. When the officers arrived, police say, they heard Diggs inside calling for help. After no one responded to their knocks, the officers kicked in the door and brought Diggs outside. The officers say they asked Smith, who was off duty at the time, to come outside to talk. They say he ran upstairs. Diggs was standing on the sidewalk with an officer when police say Smith fired a shot from his second-floor window that struck her in the head.

Smith barricaded himself in the home for nearly six hours with the couple's 4-year-old son while a tactical team retrieved Diggs' body and negotiators urged Smith to surrender. Smith released the boy and surrendered peacefully just after 9 p.m. Police say he expressed remorse upon arrest.

Smith was being held in protective custody in the state's high-rise jail complex at Madison Street and Greenmount Avenue, officials said. On Monday, prison officials said an officer doing routine rounds about 1 a.m. at the Maryland Reception, Diagnostic, and Classification Center found Smith unresponsive in his cell. Smith had been moved from Central Booking and was being housed alone. He was not on suicide watch, corrections spokesman Mark Vernarelli said. Medical personnel at the jail tried to revive Smith, officials said, but were unsuccessful. He was pronounced dead at John Hopkins Hospital. Thomas W. White, who served as chief psychologist at facilities including the federal penitentiary in Leavenworth, Kan., said it's common for jailed law enforcement officers to be given a single cell and held in protective custody, given the acrimony they face from other criminal suspects. White said it can be difficult to stop inmates who are not on suicide watch from killing themselves.

The death brings more scrutiny to the embattled state corrections system, which pledged reforms after the April indictment of an inmate federal prosecutors say conspired with 13 corrections officers in the Baltimore City Detention Center to smuggle in drugs and cellphones. Prosecutors said Tavon White, a Black Guerrilla Family prison gang leader awaiting trial on charges of attempted murder, acted as a prison overlord, ordering inmate beatings and impregnating four corrections officers.

Jail officials say they have made strides over the past five years in preventing suicides, with better psychological training and risk-assessment tools. Vernarelli said inmates who are trained as "suicide prevention observers" monitor at-risk detainees around the clock. Three suicides have been reported in state correctional facilities this year, Vernarelli said. According to Maryland prison statistics, five inmates or detainees committed suicide in 2012, down from 16 in 2007. Vernarelli attributed the drop to better training and practices.

Not all suicidal detainees show warning signs or project their intentions to jail staff, he said. Reasons inmates decide to take their own lives are as varied as those of anyone on the outside, he said, but detainees face stresses that can include inmate harassment, bad news from a lawyer and looming trials or sentences. "If somebody decided 'I don't want to live anymore' for any reason, it can be very difficult to prevent that because they may not exhibit the warning signs of someone with depression," White said. "Just because someone dies does not always mean that somebody is culpable."

Officials released few details on Smith's death on Monday. The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner said an autopsy was being performed to determine the cause and manner of death. The Internal Investigative Unit of the Maryland Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services is investigating, prison officials said in a statement. "His family is extremely distraught," said one of Smith's defense attorneys. "His family was extremely supportive of him." Smith was scheduled for a jury trial Aug. 30 on charges of first-degree murder and use of a firearm in a felony or violent crime.

"James Smith's death brings to a close a sad and final chapter in a series of tragic events that left four children without parents," the Police Department said in a statement. "The collective thoughts and prayers of the Baltimore Police Department go out to everyone involved."

Barricaded Standoff!

Posted: 9:20 p.m. EDT, May 8, 2013

West Baltimore, Md. -- Two Baltimore police officers arrived at a fellow officer's home to investigate a reported domestic assault. They heard a woman inside calling for help, and when nobody answered the door, they kicked the door in and brought Kendra Diggs out. James Smith, 49, ran upstairs as an officer implored him to come and talk. The other officer stood on the sidewalk next to Diggs, her face bleeding from a small wound. A shot rang out from a second-story window, authorities say. Diggs, shot in the head, hit the ground, and Smith and his fellow officers commenced a six-hour standoff.

Details of the shooting and standoff this week emerged in a court hearing and charging documents Wednesday, the day after Smith is alleged to have killed his girlfriend and then barricaded himself in the West Baltimore home with a toddler who family members said was the couple's son. Smith, an Army veteran and a skilled, highly respected police officer, released the boy and surrendered peacefully late Tuesday. Charged with first-degree murder and use of a handgun in a felony, he is being held without bail. In court, a pretrial services official said Diggs, 37, and Smith, 49, had lived together in her house in the Sandtown-Winchester neighborhood for eight years. No lawyer is listed in court records for Smith.

When the officers arrived at the brick townhouse in the 1100 block of N. Parrish St., police say, they heard a woman yelling, "Help me, help me." A man shouted, "Go away." After the officers escorted Diggs outside, police say, they saw Smith run upstairs, refusing to come down to talk. Diggs had warned the officers he had a gun, police say. When the gunshot rang out, they fled for cover. Under the threat of more gunfire, emergency workers were unable to reach Diggs, who remained on the sidewalk. After about an hour, tactical officers were able to pick her up and take her to an ambulance. She was pronounced dead at Maryland Shock Trauma Center.

On Wednesday, Smith was led alone into the courtroom at the Central Booking and Intake Center shortly before 11 a.m. with his hands cuffed in front of him. He wore a bright pink shirt and dark slacks. He was led to a bench in the middle of the room where he sat breathing heavily, his eyes bloodshot. District Judge Shannon E. Avery read Smith his rights and asked whether he had any questions. "No, your honor," he said.

The state's attorney's office asked that Smith continue to be held without bail, and a public defender on hand for the morning's bail reviews put up no argument. "Based on the extreme nature of the offense, I do find that the defendant is a threat to public safety," Avery said, ordering Smith held.

Diggs' aunt, cousin and neighbors said the two were engaged and planned to marry soon in the Bahamas. Diggs left two children, Brandon, 20, and James Jr., 4. She had the younger boy with Smith, her cousin Sharifah Ahmed said. James Jr. was allowed to see family members Tuesday night but was placed in foster care overnight. Ahmed said Brandon is seeking custody of his younger brother. Diggs worked as a Maryland Transit Administration bus driver for 13 years, an MTA official said. She was wearing her work uniform when the two Western District officers responded to the domestic call Tuesday, according to charging documents. Ahmed said family members are struggling with Diggs' loss — especially because they believe the officers should have taken her farther away from the home.

"The Police Department has a lot to answer for," Ahmed said. "When they got on the scene, why didn't they remove her immediately? … She was yelling for help." Ahmed said she believes officers gave Smith the benefit of the doubt that he wouldn't do anything rash "because he was a police officer."

Baltimore police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi stressed that the initial response to the house is under internal investigation, as is the entire standoff. "Internal affairs is looking at it in its entirety," he said. "We are pulling back the layers unequivocally to make sure there were no warning signs here." He said the shooting of Diggs came suddenly and unexpectedly. "They were talking to her, they were interviewing her when she was literally shot right in front of them," he said. "The window of time was very quick. … You're not expecting to go to a home of a police officer, someone you work side by side with, who engages you in a gunbattle." He said Smith was not given any preferential treatment during the barricade. "The minute he fired at that young lady and our police officers — he was treated as a suspect," Guglielmi said.

Police were cautious during the standoff because Smith's advanced training made him a dangerous suspect. "He was in one of the most specialized sections in the department, and that unit selects officers of extreme character, officers who are highly trained." Smith, who worked in the motorcade unit, had tactical training and broad expertise. He was often assigned to motorcades with the Secret Service when high-profile officials came into town, Guglielmi said, and he was respected in the department. Smith has received SWAT, aviation, traffic, tactical and motorcycle escort training. Guglielmi said officers from Smith's own unit assisted in negotiations, as did a clinical psychologist.

Guglielmi and pretrial services officials said Smith had never been charged with a crime before. He was honorably discharged from the Army in 1992, according to a statement in court Wednesday. "There was no prior history of domestic abuse that would have raised suspicion," Guglielmi said.

Smith surrendered to police at 9:07 p.m. In an interview at the homicide unit, police say, he apologized for his actions. Police say they recovered a gun from a bathroom in the house and found several shell casings near the second-floor bedroom window. It's not clear whether the gun was Smith's service weapon.

On Wednesday, Diggs' aunt and cousin drove to her home carrying a teddy bear decorated with balloons that said "You're so special" and "You'll be missed." They placed the toy at the edge of her front lawn, inches from a bloodstain where Diggs had fallen. Ahmed, her cousin, shook her head Wednesday as she stared at the immaculately manicured property — Diggs' pride and joy. "She was an extremely happy, happy person," Ahmed said. "It was her first home she had ever bought, so she was just in love with it." Fresh mulch surrounded green shrubs, flowers bloomed in a planter hung near the door and dragonfly and butterfly ornaments were affixed to the walls. The only glaring imperfection was the broken second-floor window, which revealed a ceiling fan light still burning inside.

Cops, Toddlers & Guns!

Posted: 07/05/2012 11:13:36 PM PDT - Updated: 07/06/2012 10:44:09 AM PDT

Gilroy, CA -- The toddler son of a San Jose police officer was shot and killed at home in Gilroy in what investigators believe was a tragic accident Thursday afternoon. The officer, Brandon Orlando is a nine-year veteran of the San Jose Police Department, said Sgt. Jason Dwyer, a San Jose police spokesman. Emergency workers went to the home in the 7500 block of Kentwood Court at 4:56 p.m. and found the 3-year-old, whose name is being withheld at this time, suffering from at least one gunshot wound to an unspecified part of his body. The boy was pronounced dead while en route to the hospital.

Gilroy police Sgt. Chad Gallacinao said the investigation is in its early stages, and "we believe it was accidental, however we are investigating to verify that and determine how it happened." Gallacinao would not say if it appeared that the boy shot himself or was shot by someone else. He said the investigation will examine how the gun was stored at the residence. He said the child's family is devastated. "It's a very tragic incident and they are very upset, along with a lot of the neighbors in the area who personally knew the child and his family," he said. Gallacinao said family members were at home when the child was shot with a handgun.

"Since the death involved a child, the Santa Clara County Child Death Protocol was activated to ensure this tragic incident is investigated to its fullest," Gallacinao wrote in a news release. He said the joint investigation involves Gilroy police, the Santa Clara County District Attorney's Office and the Santa Clara County Medical Examiner's Office.

Professor of Psychology!

August 27, 2011

Moscow, Idaho -- A college professor suffering from multiple personality disorder gunned down his student lover, police said, then later put a bullet through his own head. Ernesto Bustamante resigned from the University of Idaho in Moscow after the woman with whom he'd been sleeping with, Kathryn Benoit, filed a complaint against him in June, authorities said in court documents. Their "sexual relationship" had deteriorated in March, but Bustamante continued to harass Benoit, friends of the 22-year-old graduate student told police. That all ended, however, on Monday evening.

Benoit's roommates, Meghan Walker-Smith and Emma Gregory, told police they were baking cookies when Benoit went outside to smoke a cigarette around 8:40 p.m. "She had been outside about 2 minutes when they both heard gun shots," the police affidavit stated. "Emma Gregory went to the front door and saw that Benoit had been shot and was down." The psychology student was struck several times in the chest and throat by a .45 caliber gun, authorities said. Neither roommate saw the gunman, but both suspected 31-year-old Bustamante.

Gregory told police Benoit said her former lover had "pointed a handgun at her on multiple occasions and put the gun in her mouth at one point." These incidents led her to file the complaint with the university. "After receiving threats and intimidation from Bustamante, we believed Katy had obtained a restraining order, changed addresses and filed a complaint with the University of Idaho," they said, according to local sources.

However, Moscow police say a request for a restraining order was never made, according to local sources. Bustamante, who had no criminal record, suffered from "multiple personality disorder," his close friend Rowdy Hope told police.

"One [personality] Bustamante calls a 'psychopathic killer' and another [he] calls 'the beast.'" he said, according to the court documents. Authorities learned that Bustamante had several guns, including a "Smith and Wesson .45 cal semi-automatic handgun and a 1911 .45 caliber handgun." Police tracked Bustamante's rented 2010 Chrysler Sebring to the University Inn Best Western, which led to a standoff that lasted several hours. The professor ended the standoff Tuesday morning by killing himself.

Bustamante resigned from the University of Idaho last week, and had been an assistant professor in the Department of Psychology and Communication there since 2007. "We are both shocked and saddened by these events. Our heartfelt sympathy goes to the victim's family and friends," the university said in a statement.

Benoit's family said in their own statement that "Katy was a beautiful, intelligent and musically talented woman and we are so saddened by her tragic death. ... She was looking forward to her graduate studies and excited about her future."

Judge Wife Beater!

Posted: April 12, 2011 5:55 AM (PDT); Updated: April 28, 2011 4:28 PM (PDT)

VALLEJO, Calif. (WCJB) — Solano County Superior Court Judge Robert S. Bowers was arrested early Monday in Vallejo on suspicion of domestic violence. Bowers, 51, was booked into Solano County Jail at 3:22 a.m., but posted $25,000 bail at 3:55 a.m., according to the jail booking log.

The Vallejo Police Department received the complaint from Bowers’ wife about 11 p.m. Sunday, police Sgt. Jeff Bassett said. Police arrested Bowers while he was in his vehicle in Vallejo about two hours later, Bassett said. Bassett, however, declined to divulge any more details of the arrest. “It’s just an allegation that he denies at this point,” Bassett said. “There was physical evidence that corroborated with his wife’s statement.” There was “minor, but visible injury” on Bowers’ wife, Bassett added.

Bowers denied the allegations through his attorney Monday. “Judge Bowers is completely innocent of the charge,” his attorney said. “The Vallejo police should be ashamed of themselves. They arrested someone on a completely specious, untrue accusation.” His attorney said Bowers cooperated with police, waived his Miranda rights and gave names of witnesses who could back up his version of events.

“Normally it’s dangerous for a defense attorney to say this, but I categorically deny that Bowers had any contact with his wife,” said Russo, who along with his partner is representing Bowers. “When everything comes out he will be completely vindicated,” he added. “But I think the damage (to his reputation) has already been done.”

On Monday, Bowers was present at the Vallejo courthouse, but he spent much of the day in chambers. His calendar in Dept. 15 was assigned to retired Superior Court Judge James Moelk. Court officials, asked questions about when Moelk was assigned to Bowers’ courtroom and how long he would be assigned, refused to say anything more than “no comment.” Meanwhile, Moelk could inherit a homicide trial scheduled to begin in Bowers’ courtroom this week. A pretrial hearing was postponed Monday. His court date is set for May 2, at 8:30 a.m. in Vallejo.

A former defense attorney and deputy district attorney, Bowers was elevated to the Superior Court bench in 2003 by then Gov. Gray Davis.

On Monday afternoon, Solano County District Attorney Donald du Bain said he is consulting with the state attorney general’s office as to whether there would be a conflict of interest for his office to be involved in the case. “We are aware of the arrest and we are in the process of determining who should be reviewing the information,” du Bain said. He would not comment as to whether Bowers should remain on the bench while any potential charges are pending. “Judge Bowers knows what his ethical and legal obligations are as a judge,” du Bain said. “I am sure he will make the appropriate decision.”

Reader Comment (unedited):

Irene Vassallo (wrote on April 14, 2011 at 11:40 pm)
There was no evidence in my sons case either just allegations of a girl who admitted she lied to her parents who was 26 year old and was forbidden to see my son and lied her way to the jury, They never put me on the stand to even though I was a crucial witness. Judge bowers gave my son 29 years and took his license away for life even though my son never even touched her car with his. The girl could not remember certain facts that should have been clear, because she was lying and kept saying oh that was another time because she would change her stories around and they kept adding charges on her testimony. I hope the girl involved grows a conscience and admits the truth someday, because God knows everything and someday maybe Karma will bite her. I cry every night because of this injustice in America., judge bowers deserves …this and more, when Karma comes to play. I hope just because he has money and connections it does not get him out, and he has to feel what is to be accused, and be innocent or maybe he is guilty and that is why he was so hard on my innocent son. This happened to my son. I thought when you were innocent you had nothing to worry about, but the system proved that wrong and just because I’m not rich or had money; my son could not or did not have proper council. I tried to hire a private investigator but it was not allowed, why not. I wanted the truth. His investigator told me they did not have money to fly a witness for my son in, but if it were Judge Bowers I’m sure they will find the funds. His attorney even told my son no one cared and Judge Bower’s hated him and he would rot in jail and when my son tried to fire his attorney he was not allowed to he tried 5 times to tell the Judge the abuse his attorney did upon him and the Judge just laughed and twirled his eyes. I wonder how many innocent people are in jail because of what goes on behind closed doors deal and people hiring their careers on the lives of innocent citizens. Why did not the accuser have to take a lie detector test? I was told because she was not on trail. I thought in America we were innocent until proven guilty, but that is not the case. The way they read the jury instructions even when someone is innocent like one jury member said the way the law is written she had to vote guilty, she also posed the question to why was I not put on the Stand….. Why tell me because of unjust men like judge Bowers who totally deserve Karma to bite them where the sun doesn’t shine.

Mama's Baby!

January 6, 2011

A former detention deputy with an Idaho sheriff's office has been charged with raping his wife, placing her in a car trunk and driving to his mother's residence, where he allegedly killed his mother, authorities said Wednesday. Michael James Lee, 24, of Meridian (pictured left) had no previous criminal history and was fired from the department about a year ago, said Andrea Dearden, spokeswoman for the Ada County Sheriff's Office in Boise. Lee was arraigned Wednesday on six felony charges, including first-degree murder, first-degree kidnapping, rape and aggravated assault, Dearden said in a press release.

According to the sheriff's office, Lee on Tuesday sexually assaulted his wife, bound her with chains and tape, put her in the trunk of a car and drove to his mother's house in the neighboring city of Eagle, about 15 miles northwest of Boise. He also threatened to harm their 4-month-old daughter, who also was driven to the house, according to the statement. Lee's wife later said he was going to his mother's house to rob her, authorities said. Lee had dinner with his mother, and spoke with her and the woman's 56-year-old female roommate.

The roommate said she went to lie down. The roommate "heard a noise" and found Lee with his mother, authorities said. The suspect was holding a knife and had stabbed his mother multiple times, according to authorities. Media affiliates identified the victim as Lynn Marie Blake, 46.

"While this was going on, the wife, who had been in the trunk for an hour, heard a car and used the emergency latch to get out of the trunk and ran to get help," according to the Ada County Sheriff's Office statement. Deputies found Lee next to his mother's body, according to authorities. The roommate, who had tried to intervene, was attacked by Lee but managed to escape from the house with the infant girl, Dearden said. Her injuries were not life-threatening.

Clarence Eugene Butterfield

August 19, 2010

An Orange County father was convicted Thursday of torturing and murdering his adult daughter and keeping her body in a freezer in his recreational vehicle. Clarence Eugene Butterfield, 57 (pictured above) formerly of San Clemente, was found guilty by a Santa Ana jury of one felony count of special-circumstances murder during the commission of torture and mayhem, and one felony count of assault with a firearm, according to the Orange County district attorney’s office. On Oct. 8, 2010 he faces a sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole.

Butterfield tortured his 21-year-old daughter, Rebekah Butterfield, in 2006 by repeatedly shooting her in parts of the body that would not immediately cause fatal injury, such as the leg, foot and knee, prosecutors said. He then tied the naked woman’s ankles together, bound her hands behind her back and stuffed her in the freezer of his RV while she was still alive. She eventually suffocated to death in the airtight freezer. Butterfield lived in the RV with his daughter’s body in the freezer for two years after the murder, prosecutors said.

He was arrested in Orange County in 2008 for obstructing a police officer, and was subsequently sent to Nevada on an unrelated criminal warrant from that state. Workers at a company that had towed Butterfield’s RV discovered the corpse while they were cleaning the vehicle, prosecutors said. Orange County sheriff’s deputies arrived to find a badly decomposed body wrapped in several layers of plastic. Prosecutors said the investigation revealed Butterfield had a history of violence. He stabbed and shot his daughter several times in years before the murder, but the crimes were never reported, they said. He also beat and bound his ex-wife, sometimes forcing her to remain in a closet, prosecutors said. Butterfield, who was indicted in December 2009, denied killing his daughter. He told investigators he found her dead in the trailer and "kept her body in the freezer because he thought no one would believe him."

Wife Killing Cops!

Part II

David Camm!

Round 3!

Posted: Oct 23, 2012 7:25 AM PDT - Updated: Aug. 16, 2013 9:00 PM PDT

 photo DavidCamm-2013_zps90131eb3.jpg

LOUISVILLE, KY. (WCJB) -- David Camm's third murder trial will be held in Boone County, Indiana, northwest of Indianapolis. It's about 150 miles from Louisville. An Appeals courts overturned verdicts from 2002 and 2006 that convicted Camm of murder for the shootings of his wife Kim and their two young children Jill and Brad in their Georgetown, Indiana home in 2000.

After the second trial, Kimberly Camm's father Frank Renn said of a third proceeding: "It's got to be done, if it takes twenty years, it's got to be done." Kimberly Camm's parents have strong opinions about a third trial. Frank Renn continues: "I wasn't ready for the first one. I wasn't ready for the second one. But I'll do it every four years if we have to. This man murdered three people -- he's not going to get by with it." Kimberly's mother Janice Renn said, "We just want justice for them. This has been...it's hard. This was my daughter and my grandkids and every day I have to live with this."

But not everyone wanted to go through another trial.

"I can't say I'm shocked -- I can't say I am surprised," said David Camm's uncle Sam Lockhart after the second trial. "Dave's innocent." He's also one of ten men who swear they was playing basketball with Camm at the exact time the medical examiner says his family was killed. "The truth is there. It lies in the witnesses," Lockhart says, adding that the real killer is already in prison. "Charles Boney is the killer."

During the second trial, Charles Boney was also convicted of the murders. Boney claims in one of several stories that he provided Camm with the murder weapon. Lockhart maintains, "Talk to Charles Boney and see how many stories he has. You talk to David Camm and the people that were with David Camm playing basketball, see how many stories they had. They had one."

The trial will begin on Aug. 5, 2013. Spencer Circuit Court Judge Jon Dartt will preside over the trial, according to a court order. The jury will not be sequestered prior to deliberations. It's expected this third trial could cost as much as $1 million.

March 6, 2006

Former Trooper David Camm makes a frantic call to police at 9:29 P.M., to say that his wife and kids have been murdered. The police arrive to find the wife shot to death on the garage floor, and both kids shot dead inside the family's Ford Bronco. Within hours, Camm had become the only suspect. GUILTY! After about 45 hours of deliberations, the verdict was reached. The verdict was announced at 10:18 P.M. EST on March 3, 2006. Officer David Camm had been charged with three counts of murder in the deaths of Kim, Brad, and Jill Camm, his wife and two children. A sentence has not been reached but it is suspected to be either 195 years in prison or life in prison without the possibility of parole. He was found guilty in his first trial and sentenced to 195 years and now he has been found guilty again.

The circumstances surrounding the horrific murders of Kimberly Camm and her two children, Bradley and Jill, in the garage of their home in September 2000, had led to an overturned murder conviction of former Indiana State Trooper David Camm (pictured left), and resulted in Camm's second trial and conviction, along with separate murder trial and conviction of an ex-con named Charles Boney.

At the crime scene, a mysterious gray sweatshirt is found in the Bronco, underneath Brad. This sweatshirt could not be linked to Camm. It had the word "Backbone" written on the inside tag, and it contained the DNA of a stranger. There was also unknown DNA evidence on both Kim's and Brad's pants, as well as latent fingerprints on the Ford Bronco that did not belong to any of the Camms. Somehow, this DNA was not processed through CODIS, the FBI Laboratory's Combined DNA Index System, until 2005, when it was identified as belonging to an ex-con named Charles Boney (pictured left), aka "Backbone." The latent fingerprints on the Bronco were positively identified as Boney's as well. So, the first David Camm verdict is overturned in 2004.

In 2005, the mystery DNA and fingerprints lead to the identification and arrest of Charles Boney. Boney's criminal history included robberies and assaults on women involving their shoes. A "slam dunk" for Camm's defense, right? Wrong. After initially denying knowing Camm, and claiming that he gave his sweatshirt to the Salvation Army, Boney then confesses to his involvement, but claims that Camm paid him $250 for a clean gun which he delivered to Camm, wrapped in the "Backbone" sweatshirt. Laboratory examination of David Camm's t-shirt reveals eight minute blood spots, typically referred to as blood "spatter" or "splatter." The blood on the shirt is determined by DNA to be that of his daughter Jill. The prosecution's expert claims high velocity blood mist or "blowback" caused the close-range transfer, while Camm's expert claims the transfer occurred when Camm discovered the bodies and leaned in the car where his kids had died.

The autopsy report on little Jill was obtained by the press, and revealed that there was DNA evidence associated with a traumatic injury to her vagina. This led to speculation by the prosecutor that Camm had returned home from basketball, sexually abused his daughter Jill, and then killed them all, followed by his 9:29 P.M. phone call to the police. The final prosecution theory, and apparently the one that has been accepted by two juries, is that Camm left the basketball game at some point in time, drove the five minutes to his house, killed his family, and returned to the game. The first jury must also have believed that Camm was able to dispose of the murder weapon, which has never been recovered.

Christopher Shimek

Posted: Monday, Nov 28, 2011 | 3:35 PM PDT - Updated: Tuesday, Mar 13, 2011 | 11:14 AM PDT

Gilroy, CA -- According to the Gilroy police department, over the holiday weekend, Christopher Shimek (pictured above, center-right) a veteran San Jose police department officer, killed his wife (pictured above, center-left) then took his own life. Gilroy police are handling the murder-suicide case that touches the community of Gilroy and the San Jose Police Department. The couple was found dead inside their Gilroy home Sunday night. Police said family members called police when they could not get a hold of them. Inside, officers found the bodies of Christopher and Lynn Shimek. Police did not disclose how Lynn Shimek, 43, was killed. They would only say Christopher, first killed his wife and then killed himself with a gun.

Christopher Shimek was a San Jose Police sergeant and had worked in the department since 1995. The Gilroy police chief called the San Jose police chief late Sunday night to give him the news. Department spokesman Jason Dwyer said Sgt. Shimek showed no red flags or signs that he was having any kind of trouble. Dwyer said many officers knew or worked for Shimek and were shocked to hear what he had done. He said staff was being offered counseling.

Media sources spoke to a woman named Tammy Drews who said she was Lynn Shimek's best friend. Drews told the source that she was the one who called 911. She said she was "hanging out" with Lynn Shimek Sunday until about 8:15 p.m. She said she was alerted that something was wrong when she later got a text that read, "Get Lynn out of there." Drews told the paper she returned to the home out of concern for her friend about 9:15 p.m. She told the source she called police when they didn't answer the door. The couple had two children, who were not home at the time, according to police. They are both boys, ages 13 and 19 year old.

Gilroy police said they were called to the Rodeo Drive home in March, 2007 on a call that claimed Christopher Shimek hit a step-son “in a rage.” Gilroy police said "Lynn Shimek requested that an officer speak with her and a child. Lynn Shimek did not want any further police action and this contact was documented on a field interview card and the computer aided dispatch system."

Deon Cartmell

18 Years!

Posted: Oct 07, 2011 1:54 PM PDT; Updated: Mar 12, 2012 11:29 AM PDT

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The former Metro Police officer convicted of killing his wife was sentenced to 18 years in prison on Friday. A jury found Deon Cartmell guilty of the second degree murder of his wife, Shari, in August. The sentence will be served at 100 percent. During sentencing, members of Shari's family testified including her mother, sister and uncle.

The couple was alone at their home when Shari was shot in the head on March 16, 2010. During the trial, Cartmell took the stand and said she accidentally shot herself. However, a nationally-known blood expert had earlier said evidence proved Deon pulled the trigger. Cartmell had faced from 15 to 25 years in prison. Judge Randall Wyatt said that Cartmell's use of a firearm to commit the murder was enough of an enhancement factor to warrant sentencing Cartmell to more than the minimum sentence.

Guilty: 2nd Degree Murder!

Posted: Aug 26, 2011; Updated: Aug 27, 2011 5:25 PM

NASHVILLE, TN (WCJB) - A Davidson County Criminal Court jury has found a former Metro police officer guilty in the shooting death of his wife. Deon Cartmell is guilty of second-degree murder in the March 2010 death of Shari Cartmell. The verdict was announced just after 10 p.m. Friday. All along, Cartmell claimed his wife accidentally shot herself. Cartmell's Defense attorney said earlier this week that the death was an accidental discharge of the weapon and Shari had the gun in her hand when it went off. He said, "this is not a crime, this is a tragedy." Sentencing will begin Oct. 7, 2011. Cartmell faces a sentence of 15 to 25 years in prison.

Cartmell graduated from the police academy in 2009, and had been a patrol officer in the East Precinct before he was decommissioned following the shooting.

Posted: Aug 25, 2011 4:51 PM; Updated: Aug 27, 2011 5:05 PM

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The former Metro police officer on trial for the murder of his wife took the stand in his own defense on Thursday afternoon. Deon Cartmell is charged with the first-degree murder of his wife, Shari, at their home in northeast Nashville in March 2010. Cartmell said it was an accidental discharge, and his wife shot herself. However, police said their investigation found that is not true. The trial is expected to last at least to the end of the week.

On Tuesday, prosecutors laid out their case during opening statements saying Cartmell had motive to kill Shari because he had been unfaithful and the couple had financial problems. Also, just a week before the shooting, Cartmell showed up at Shari's work and the couple had a fight. The prosecution also said the couple was also having financial problems, and behind on several bills. The defense maintained that the shooting was an accident and that they will prove that Cartmell did not kill his wife.

Cartmell took the stand around 4 p.m. after the state rested. The defense put on a couple of other witnesses, and then called him to the stand. He began by talking about how he met his wife, Shari (pictured above, center) at a mall while he was serving in the U.S. Marine Corps, and that they had a long-distance relationship. "It was long distance over the phone, and MySpace was the thing that was in at the time. So MySpace and on the phone," said Cartmell when he took the stand.

He and Shari were married three years, but he said she has always had financial problems. "Shari filed bankruptcy before we got married so, of course, she had a bad credit. And when you get lights cut on, they do a credit check and if it's bad, you have to pay a deposit," Cartmell said. "I had great credit, so what we did was put it in my name so we didn't have to pay the deposit."

When Cartmell (pictured left) was questioned about the shooting, he was emotional and said he called 911 immediately after the gun went off. He told jurors he was cleaning guns and reached for an AR-15 when he heard the gunshot behind him. He said he doesn't remember anything else. Police said he has told three different versions of what happened that night. The last one was with an attorney when he claimed to be sitting on the sofa cleaning weapons. He told police Shari had his handgun and it went off while she was behind him.

State medical examiner John Davis performed the autopsy. He concluded the gun was less than a foot from Shari's face when it went off. "Close to 9 inches so right about that distance," Davis said. "Is that a comfortable position for your particular wrist?" asked the prosecutor. He responded with "No ma'am." He said it was possible to hold the gun that way, but unlikely. Under cross examination, Cartmell's Defense attorney countered Shari could have been holding the gun in a different manner. But the way he demonstrated it in court, the gun would have injured Shari's hand and there was no injury.

The state's last witness was a nationally recognized blood spatter expert who told jurors the evidence did not match to the his account. Cartmell told police he was facing away from Shari when she shot herself in the face. The blood expert said there were blood spatters on Cartmell's face. "The impact stains on his face indicated that he was facing or at least his face was facing the source of the entry here," said Jerry Finley. Cartmell also told police he was leaning forward when the gun went off. The expert also testified the blood found on the front of Cartmell's t-shirt could not have been there without him facing the shooting. He also believes Shari was shot somewhere near the front door of their home, and walked over to the couch and died. He said he doesn't believe she pulled the trigger. Cartmell's attorney tried to poke holes in the testimony. He may put his own blood expert on the stand.

Metro Detective Pat Postiglione testified he saw blood spatter on a wall and on Deon's shirt. "The most compelling evidence was on the shirt in my opinion. The most compelling blood spatter was on the shirt versus anywhere else," Postiglione told jurors. Postiglione, like lead investigator Detective Chuck Robinson, said Deon's last statement doesn't match the evidence. Detective Postiglione said not only is the physical evidence inconsistent with Cartmell's statement, so is the timeline. "He made his preliminary evaluation that the victim did not shoot herself after several hours of examining the evidence, looking at the photographs and I believe he may have even listened to the 911 call," Postiglione explained.

Cartmell told police when Shari got home she put chicken in the oven and it had been in there 10 minutes when she shot herself. Shari worked in the emergency room at Skyline Medical Center. Hospital officials said she was there the afternoon of the shooting and she left at 4:30 p.m. The trip home would have taken about 12 minutes. Cartmell made the 911 call at 4:44 p.m.

On Wednesday, Shari Cartmell's mother took the stand; jurors heard the 911 call and watched the police interrogation of Cartmell the day after the shooting. A woman with whom Cartmell was allegedly dating also testified, along with a Metro police officer who said he had had conversations with Cartmell about his infidelity.

July 28, 2010

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- A former Metro police officer charged in his wife's death had a house full of weapons a judge ordered him to surrender. Deon Cartmell is expected to be released on bond Wednesday when the weapons are removed from the home, and his in-laws said they are so worried about their safety once he's out that they've moved to get away from him. Police took out rifles, pistols, bows and arrows from Cartmell's north Nashville home Wednesday. Authorities said the weapons belong to Cartmell. Judge Randall Wyatt refused to allow Cartmell out on bond until every weapon was removed from the home he'll be required to live in with his father until his trial. But Shari Cartmell's family said they've received threatening e-mails and fear they'll be hurt with their in-law being out of jail, so they've left Tennessee. "He could do anything to any of us," said Charlotte Barbour, Shari's mother. So now, we don't want to put ourselves in that environment. His mother has friends; his dad has friends. We don't know those people, and we don't want to risk getting hurt."

Barbour said Deon Cartmell (pictured left) lied about her daughter's death, telling police she shot herself. She said even though his weapons have been confiscated and he's been ordered to stay away from them, she believes he can't be trusted. "How many stories he's given, for accountability of what has happened, you're capable of doing anything in my mind," she said. Deon Cartmell's attorney said no one should rush to judgment. "He has only been indicted; he has not been convicted," said the attorney. "He's presumed innocent and has a right to trial, like everybody else." As a condition of his bond, Cartmell is not allowed to leave Davidson County.

May 29, 2010

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Decommissioned Metro police officer Deon Cartmell was arrested Friday night charged with killing his wife several months ago. Homicide detectives arrested Cartmell on a grand jury indictment charging him with first-degree murder in the shooting death of his wife, Shari Cartmell, 24, inside their Saunders Avenue home in Madison on March 16, 2010. She was found that evening with a gunshot wound to the head.

Deon (pictured left) initially claimed that she died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound as they were sitting on a couch in the living room. An investigation showed that Deon's account did not match up with the evidence. He graduated from the police academy last July and was assigned to the East precinct. He was decommissioned from his patrol duties the day after the shooting.

During the investigation, Deon Cartmell was also placed on administrative assignment to his home with access restricted to the police department facilities. Cartmell is being held in the Metro Jail on $300,000 bond.

SLED Roses!

July 31, 2011 South Carolina - State Law Enforcement Division, agent Charles Boyette, 61, of Moncks Corner (pictured above, left) shot and killed Southcoast Bank employee Mary Ann Cox (pictured above, right) after he lost his job a week prior because of a complaint filed against him by the victim. Kathryn Richardson, spokesperson with the State Law Enforcement Division, says Agent Boyette was immediately suspended following the filing of a complaint against him by Cox. On July 18, 2011, the Berkeley County Sheriff’s Office received a complaint regarding allegations of an assault involving Boyette and the victim. In the incident report it was stated that Cox had been in a romantic relationship with Boyette for more than a year. Cox ended the relationship on July 4, 2011.
According to the report, Boyette was “very unhappy with the breakup,” and Cox provided a detailed voluntary statement to police concerning Boyette’s actions, which included photographed text messages sent by Boyette to Cox’s cellphone. Cox also advised the BCSO that she did not want the investigation to proceed any further, only that she did not want Boyette to contact her anymore. Boyette, 61, was a supervisor in SLED’s intelligence division working out of its Charleston office. After Cox filed the complaint, the BCSO met with Boyette and placed him on notice not to engage in any further contact the victim. On July 19, 2011, the BCSO contacted SLED, Boyette’s employer, and advised them of the complaint filed by Cox. Additional documents included in the SLED release show that on July 19, SLED Chief Mark Keel asked BCSO Sheriff Wayne DeWitt to investigate the harassment incident involving Boyette, “since the allegations are serious in nature and to avoid the appearance of a conflict of interest.” A second letter from Keel written on July 19 and hand delivered to Boyette announced his indefinite suspension without pay. Boyette then resigned from SLED on Wednesday, July 20, in a letter written to Keel, through his attorney. Two days later, according to MCPD Lt. Michael Roach, Boyette approached Cox as she left the Moncks Corner Southcoast Bank branch around 5:30 p.m. and fired three shots, two of them striking Cox in the shoulder and the back. Afterward shooting Cox, Boyette turned the gun on himself and fired a fourth shot into his chest. Both Cox and Boyette were pronounced dead on the scene. Roach explained the harassment complaint was not a restraining order and that only a judge can issue one. “In extreme cases this can probably be done in a matter of 48 hours but it must be done by a judge through court,” he said. “Police have no legal recourse in regard to harassment complaints. They can talk to the individual and advise him that the police are aware of his activity, but that’s the extent of what we can legally do.” Cox and Boyette were both married.

Tomiekia Johnson!


Posted: March 9, 2012 | 1:30 p.m. PST - Updated: March 9, 2012 | 3:34 p.m. PST Los Angeles, CA -- Former California Highway Patrol officer Tomiekia Johnson, was sentenced to 50 years to life in state prison. Johnson, 32, was convicted in the first-degree murder or her husband, in 2009. Johnson claimed throughout the trial that the shooting of her 31-year-old husband, Marcus Lavar Lemons, on Feb. 21, 2009, was an accident. Johnson, a CHP officer at the time, had reported the shooting, but said she shot him in self defense after he became physically abusive during an argument. Detectives doubted her story and arrested her last January. Prosecutors said Johnson shot Lemons near a 91 Freeway off-ramp, then drove to her parents’ home in Compton with her husband’s body in the passenger seat. Johnson (female, pictured left) collapsed in court back in January when the guilty verdict was read. Before sentencing, her attorney requested a new trial, saying the jury had not understood the evidence. But Judge Robert Perry denied the motion, saying the evidence supported the first-degree murder verdict. Today, Johnson laid her head on the desk as Judge Perry sentenced her to 50 years to life in prison, for the off-duty shooting of Lemons (male, pictured left) in Compton in February 2009. The pronouncement stirred an emotional outburst from her family. Johnson’s family support the idea that Johnson claims she was being abused by Lemons during their marriage.


January 24, 2012 Los Angeles, CA A former California Highway Patrol officer fell to the floor overcome by emotion in a downtown Los Angeles courtroom Monday as a jury convicted her of murder in the shooting death of her husband. In a case filled with allegations of anger management and domestic violence, the verdict in the rare prosecution of a law enforcement officer on murder charges proved to be dramatic. As the guilty verdict was read, veteran CHP Officer Tomiekia Johnson shook, then slid under the table where she had been seated alongside her attorneys. She lay almost motionless as her attorneys tended to her. Court proceedings continued as L.A. County Superior Court Judge Robert Perry polled the jurors to confirm the verdict. Former CHP officer Tomiekia Johnson lies on the floor of the courtroom. She collapsed as the jury delivered its guilty verdict (January 23, 2012). Johnson, 32, could face 50 years to life in prison after a jury of eight men and four women found her guilty on first-degree murder in the death of her husband, Marcus Lemons, 31. Johnson and her husband were having drinks at a TGI Friday's in Compton on Feb. 21, 2009, when they got into an argument Prosecutors Natalie Adomian and Stephanie Sparagna presented evidence that on their way home, Johnson put a gun against her husband's head and shot him. She then drove a few miles to her parents' home with the body in the car and called 911. During the trial, the prosecution put on witnesses who portrayed Johnson as a someone with an aggressive personality and a tendency to drink excessively. Johnson took the witness stand to testify in her own defense last week. She tearfully recounted the night she killed her husband. She said she took the car keys and started driving home, trying to ignore her husband as Lemons continued to yell at her. "When I continued to ignore him, he reached over and grabbed my neck," she told the jury. She said she pulled off the 91 Freeway and told him to walk home. He "snatched" the keys out of the ignition, she said, and a struggle over her purse ensued. "I think he wanted my purse for the gun in the purse," said Johnson, whose defense attorney tried to present her as the victim of domestic violence. "I was not trying to kill Marcus. I would never try to hurt him," she said, weeping. "He always hit me." Her testimony was not enough to persuade the jury, which deliberated for more than a day before finding her guilty. After the verdict, Perry cleared the courtroom. Paramedics arrived and wheeled Johnson out on an upright gurney past her husband's family and friends. The wails and sobs of her own family echoed through the corridor. She was remanded to custody, handcuffed to the gurney rail by her left wrist and taken to L.A. County/USC Medical Center. January 12, 2011 A California Highway Patrol officer who fatally shot her husband two years ago in what she said was self-defense was charged with the man's killing on Tuesday, prosecutors said. Tomiekia Johnson, 31, of Compton, was arrested by Los Angeles Sheriff's deputies, according to the district attorney's office. The officer had initially told sheriff’s homicide investigators that she retrieved a handgun and shot her husband once in the upper body after an argument erupted and he became verbally and physically abusive. Prosecutors, however, say she intentionally shot her husband, a father of two.
The shooting occurred shortly after 11 p.m. on a Saturday in 400 block of Amantha Avenue in Compton. The officer did not remain where she shot her husband but drove to her parents’ home and reported the killing from there. She was not arrested at the time of the shooting and was off-duty. Sheriff’s homicide detectives, however, doubted the story especially after family members and friends of the 31-year-old barber at Platinum Cutz in Compton described him as a peaceful man not known to be violent. By contrast, witnesses told investigators the officer had a history of drinking heavily. The couple had met through a local bowling alley, Cal Bowling Lanes in Lakewood. [Updated 3 p.m.: CHP Sgt. Denise Joslin said Tuesday that Johnson (pictured above, center) has been employed with the department since 2002. When CHP officials were initially notified about the criminal investigation into the off-duty incident in 2009, Johnson was immediately placed “in a non-enforcement administrative position,” Joslin said. At the conclusion of the criminal investigation, and in conjunction with Tuesday’s arrest, the CHP immediately placed Johnson on administrative leave without pay, Joslin said.]

Kenneth Miller!

August 4, 2009 YORK, Pa. -- A retired policeman killed his wife, then himself, inside their home. Police in Springettsbury Township, York County, found the bodies of Kenneth Miller, 70, and Bonnie Miller, 68, early Tuesday after a long standoff that began Monday evening. Kenneth Miller had retired from the Springettsbury Township police force in 1998 at the rank of sergeant.
Bonnie Miller's daughter, Julianne Wernig, says Kenneth Miller was diagnosed with Alzheimber's about a year ago, but it didn't seem pronounced yet. She says he sometimes had trouble keeping people's names straight but usually seemed lucid.

Robert Fratta

May 15, 2009 HOUSTON — A former suburban Houston police officer was found guilty of capital murder Friday for hiring two hitmen to kill his estranged wife 15 years ago. Farah Fratta, 33, was found dead in the garage of her home in November 1994, shot twice in the head. A jury returned a guilty verdict Friday in the retrial of 52-year-old Robert Fratta, who prosecutors said was motivated by money and bitter custody battle. Fratta now will again face the death penalty. The sentencing phase of the trial is set for May 26, 2009. It was the second time Fratta has been convicted of the 1994 murder of Farah Fratta. The former Missouri City police officer was originally convicted of the crime in 1996 and sentenced to death but was granted a retrial after the jailhouse confessions of his co-conspirators were ruled inadmissible. During the early part of the trial, which began last week, testimony focused on the Frattas' divorce and custody battle over their three children. Prosecutors said Fratta made no secret of his bitter feelings toward his estranged wife and often expressed a desire to see her dead. They were married nine years. Prosecutors said Fratta (pictured left) had his wife killed after she filed for divorce and tried to collect on her life insurance policy days after her death. Payment for her death was to be $1,000 and a Jeep, prosecutors said. The man named as the triggerman, Howard Paul Guidry, was convicted in 1997 and sentenced to death. Guidry was paid $3,000 for murdering Mrs. Fratta. He was granted a new trial, was tried in 2007, convicted and sentenced to death a second time. A third defendant, Joseph Prystash (pictured left), who prosecutors said Fratta enlisted to hire Guidry, also is on death row. Prystash was also convicted for the November 1994 murder-for-hire death of Farah Fratta. Prosecutors said Prystash, with the promise of a Jeep as renumeration for his part in the plot, arranged the details of the murder and passed the murder weapon to triggerman Howard Guidry.

Jeffrey Dennis!

February 27, 2006 By the account of Dallas Township Police Chief Robert Jolley, Officer Jeffrey Jerome Dennis is a fine police officer. The 15-year veteran had a good service record and had little need for discipline, Jolley said. Dennis was placed on administrative leave after his wife of nine years Carli was found murdered inside their home at 159 Ninth St., Wyoming on Feb. 27, 2006. His controlling personality reportedly led to a tumultuous home life, according to arrest papers. He was charged Friday with criminal homicide in connection with her death. Dallas Township police Officer Jeffrey Dennis, 35, (pictured left) was arrested and charged with killing his wife, Carli Dennis, in their Wyoming home Feb. 27, 2006. Officer Dennis told police that she committed suicide after an argument, but police say blood spatter patterns don’t match that explanation. A relative who declined to be identified suspected problems in the marriage. The couple hardly ever called or wrote, and they did not spend much time with Carli’s family. Court documents confirm the Dennis’ marriage was failing. Arrest papers paint Jeff Dennis as a jealous husband who threatened his wife repeatedly. The affidavit states that shortly before her death, Carli Dennis told her husband she was having an affair with a co-worker, a fellow dispatcher at Luzerne County 911. He got violent with her after hearing the news, the co-worker told police. After Carli Dennis died, officials at Luzerne County 911 requested extra security at the communications center in Hanover Township. Luzerne County Sheriff Barry Stankus had a deputy stationed at the communications center until [Dennis' arrest]. Dennis was arraigned before District Judge Joseph Carmody, West Pittston, and committed to the Luzerne County Correctional Facility, where he was held without bail. His trial was set for Jan. 8, 2007.

Carli Dennis also confided in co-workers Adam Burke and John Emmert. The night before she died, she told Burke she had until 11 a.m. the next morning to choose between her husband and her job, the affidavit said. She also told Emmert her husband was abusing her. Emmert told authorities Dennis’ husband threatened to “kill her and make it look like she did it,” arrest papers said. Adam Burke also admitted he had a sexual encounter with Carli in the past. Reports of Dennis’ controlling behavior date[d] back several years. Jeff Trusa, a former communication center employee, said Carli told him in 1999 that her husband would kill her if she ever had an affair. Several of Carli's former co-workers took the stand including Jill Hudak. She like the others described a controlling, possessive Jeff Dennis, who Carli had planned to leave. She and another 9-1-1 employee including a supervisor stated Carli told them Jeff threatened to kill her and make it look like suicide. Nobody denied Carli was having an extra-marital affair with another co-worker, Robert Bomboy. Another witness, former co-worker Robin Jensen, testified she agreed to buy three "adult items" for Carli to use with her lover on Valentine’s Day before she died. Witnesses say Jeff Dennis found out and was angry. Some witnesses even testified that Carli told them Jeff put a gun to her head in the past and bruised her. State Police Forensic Expert Trooper John Evans stated he found 95 particles of gun powder residue on Jeff's hands after the shooting - versus only 16 on Carli's hands. That Evans says is even after Jeff had washed up, but Trooper Evans also says he cannot confirm who fired the gun for sure - just that the couple was in close proximity. The jury's mere two hours of deliberations capped off a two-week trial that ended on the 20-month anniversary of Carli's death.


October 28, 2007 The jury found Jeff Dennis guilty of first-degree murder in the death. Luzerne County Judge Michael Conahan (now in prison himself for corruption) immediately sentenced the former Dallas Township police officer to life in prison. Jeff Dennis said nothing. Not to the judge at sentencing. Not as he was being taken back to prison. He dropped his head to a table when the verdict was read. Then he sobbed.

Reader Pageviews by Country

From: Jul 13, 2012 5:00 PM – Jul 20, 2012 4:00 PM

United States
•» 2,099
•» 62
•» 48
United Kingdom
•» 38
•» 33
•» 29
•» 26
•» 24
•» 12
•» 20
•» 14

«• Thank you for visiting Corrupt Justice™. Enjoy our Free Movie Intermission! Don't forget to Bookmark Us & Tell A Friend! We're Global! •»

Movie Intermission!

Confession of a Serial Rapist & Killer (Documentary 2010)!

Description: Williams was calculating. He planned his crimes. His primary residence was in Ottawa; his cottage was in Tweed. His regular jogs through his neighbourhoods were reconnaissance missions. "When sex predators go out for a jog, they are always on the hunt — they're looking for the opportunity," says Glenn Woods, former director of the RCMP's criminal profiling unit. "They spend a lot of time casing a place." (Runtime: 00:32:40)
More Below

Post a Comment