↕↕ Thousands of Advertisement views each month! ↕↕
From YouTube to Corrupt Justice™.
From YouTube to Corrupt Justice™.
Corrupt Justice™ advertisement sections.
↓↓ This Advertisement Space Available↓↓
Day of Action
Against Police Repression!
Against Police Repression!
February 06, 2012
Oakland, CA -- Today's march is being called a Day of Action Against Police Repression and its set to begin at 8:30 a.m. at the Alameda County Courthouse. Protesters will then hold a noon rally at Frank Ogawa Plaza. Protesters will also fill the courthouse during the afternoon session.
Anti-Occupational Forces’ - 2012!
Anti-Occupational Forces’ - 2012!
PUBLISHED: Thursday, February 2, 2012
Interim Oakland Police Chief Howard Jordan (pictured left) was officially named the city's top cop Wednesday by Mayor Jean Quan (pictured right). Asked why she took so long to name Jordan chief, Quan quipped that she and other city officials had been "preoccupied."
The announcement comes at a critical time for the city, which has been plagued by plunging tax revenue, escalating employee retirement costs, layoffs and concerns over crime. The 650-officer Police Department has also been struggling with tensions from continuing Occupy protests and criticism by U.S. District Judge Thelton Henderson, who believes the department is moving too slowly to implement the reforms he is overseeing in the wake of a decade-old police scandal. "What we're doing today is stabilizing our leadership to move forward," the mayor said.
"I have very high expectations for his leadership," Quan said. "He's coming in at a very tough time." Jordan, 46, was interim chief in March 2009 when four police officers were shot and killed in the single deadliest day in the department's history. Later that year, Jordan was passed over as chief when then-Mayor Ron Dellums hired Batts away from Long Beach.
Quan reappointed Jordan as interim chief after Batts quit in October, expressing frustration with the city's bureaucracy. A few days later, "the first tent went up," Jordan said - alluding to the Occupy Oakland encampment on Frank Ogawa Plaza outside City Hall. Controversy over the movement, and how the city and police should handle it, has dominated Oakland ever since.
Jordan, a 23-year veteran of the Police Department, has served as assistant chief, a SWAT team commander, head of internal affairs and Oakland schools police chief. He was interim chief for about eight months before the city hired Anthony Batts to run the department in 2009.
First Posted: 1/20/12 - Updated: 01/21/2012 02:44:16 PM PST
"Police did this to me!"
-- Janauary 28, 2011: A pregnant protester being medically wheeled away from Frank H. Ogawa Plaza after witnesses said she was hit in the kidney by a Oakland police baton.
Oakland Occupy: Occupy Oakland protesters burn an American flag found inside Oakland City Hall during an Occupy Oakland protest on the steps of City Hall, Saturday, January 28, 2012, in Oakland, Calif..
Oakland, CA -- Saturday marked the first major clashes between protesters and police since November and left three officers with minor injuries, as protesters threw bottles, metal pipes, rocks, spray cans and "improvised explosive devices," police said. Oakland police received mutual aid throughout the day from the Alameda County Sheriff's Office and city police, including Fremont, Hayward, Berkeley, Pleasanton, Union City and Newark.
Video: Occupy Oakland March - January 28, 2012
The events followed a week where Occupy Oakland organizers announced plans to take over a vacant building to create the movement's headquarters, with plans for a two-day party. Police and city officials vowed not to allow it. Late Saturday, paramedics wheeled a pregnant protester away from Frank H. Ogawa Plaza after witnesses said she was hit in the kidney by a police baton. She yelled: "Police did this to me!" Demonstrators spent the day temporarily occupying City Hall and a YMCA, all the while snaking around lines of riot-clad police periodically shooting bean bag projectiles, among other uses of nonlethal force.
At 1:30 p.m., the group began marching with a crowd of about 450 protesters. Forty-five minutes later, some of the marchers entered the campus of Laney College, city officials said. That was when police first fired tear gas, a witness said. At 2:50 p.m., marchers began tearing down perimeter fences around the vacant Henry J. Kaiser Convention Center, city officials said. Police declared an unlawful assembly and fired more tear gas. Witnesses said police fired rubber bullets at protesters soon after.
The first large skirmish of the day took place on the front steps of the Oakland Museum of California. Police arrested 19 marchers during that confrontation. The rest of the marchers headed to City Hall. Later, about 100 protesters were arrested after police ordered them to disperse at the YMCA on Broadway, police said. By 4 p.m., most of the Occupy crowd, which had grown to about 500, returned to Frank H. Ogawa Plaza. After regrouping, the marchers headed out again and congregated at the Oakland YMCA. About 6:30 p.m., police ordered protesters to disperse and those who remained were arrested, with some hiding in the YMCA building. As police processed the 100 or so arrested protesters, the rest of the demonstrators headed to City Hall, where they broke into the lobby.
Demonstrators left the City Hall building with at least two American flags, which were quickly burned. Police regained control of the building, arrested more and guarded the trashed lobby.
Oakland Mayor Jean Quan spoke moments after the City Hall occupation, saying the city would ask for "stay away" orders against many of the protesters who have repeatedly been arrested in Oakland. "This particular faction of Occupy ... they're very violent and I'm going to be asking for a lot more mutual aid," Quan said, adding that the weekly marches prevent the city's police force from patrolling other parts of Oakland. "They are hurting the neighborhoods by continuing to do this on Saturday nights."
The police department received heavy criticism late last year for breaking up earlier protests, including from the mayor. Earlier this month, a court-appointed monitor submitted a report to a federal judge that included "serious concerns" about the department's handling of the Occupy protests.
Sex, Murder & Race!
Posted: 11/02/2011 05:34:26 PM PDT
Updated: 11/06/2011 03:24:21 PM PDT
The city will pay $314,000 to a former police officer to settle a lawsuit that asserted white officers harassed him and accused him of sexual harassment because he is black. DeWayne Stancill, a San Leandro police employee from 1998 to 2010, also will be eligible to receive a disability retirement as part of the agreement, said his attorney. San Leandro police did not comment on Stancill or the lawsuit.
Police Chief Sandra Spagnoli, who took over in January, said much has been done recently to create a better, more diverse work culture, such as requiring that every department employee undergo harassment and discrimination training. "We've come a long way since 2007. It's a new day for this department."
When Stancill was promoted to sergeant in 2007, his attorney said, fellow officers told him his promotion was solely based on race and called him "stupid" and "ghetto."
"There were a group of white officers unhappy about that (promotion), and they started a campaign of harassment," his attorney said.
In 2009, several female police employees filed sexual harassment lawsuits against the city, saying that Stancill made inappropriate comments at work about breast implants and the way clothing fit the women. The city settled the lawsuits last year. Stancill's attorney said the sexual harassment accusations were "trumped up and bogus" and stemmed from the racially charged mistreatment that Stancill received.
Stancill was exonerated of all accusations connected with the sexual harassment lawsuit, according to the settlement agreement with the city.
As part of the agreement, Stancill, now 41, retired Jan. 25, 2010, and will begin drawing from a disability pension because he was physically unable to continue as an officer.
OPD: Another Murder!
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
OAKLAND, CA (WCJB) -- Two witnesses say a man shot and killed by an Oakland police officer had his hands up. The shooting happened late Sunday afternoon near 10th and Cherry Streets. According to The Bay Citizen, the mother of an 11-year-old boy says her son watched the shooting from a bedroom window. The boy says the man threw an object over the fence into their yard and left his hands raised. Police later said the object was a gun.
But a neighbor across the street tells media sources he saw the suspect throw a bag of drugs over the fence -- not a gun -- and put his hands up before he was shot by an officer standing behind him.
After running from a traffic stop in east Oakland, the man was killed by an OPD officer Sunday, police said. Officers pulled over a car with two occupants in the 1800 block of 99th Avenue at 4:56 p.m., and the passenger in the car fled on foot.
Police claim they chased the man to the 9900 block of Cherry Street and caught him, and in the ensuing struggle the man threatened the officers with a gun, according to Oakland police. Oakland police and the Alameda County DA's office are investigating.
OPD: Resistant to Change!
Thursday, September 22, 2011
OAKLAND, Calif. (WCJB) -- A federal judge blasted Oakland city leaders Thursday, saying he is tired of listening to excuses and that its police department needs to make changes immediately. This comes almost a decade after the controversial "Riders" police abuse case first surfaced; it was the biggest police misconduct case in Oakland in memory. The city settled a lawsuit which included instituting major reforms in the department, but federal Judge Thelton Henderson said he believes the department remains pretty much the same and he added he is losing patience quickly.
"I don't know and don't have real confidence that the kind of changes that we hope for are really taking place," said plaintiff's attorney John Burris.
Burris says the Oakland police are not moving fast enough to make the changes ordered by a federal judge.
It's the latest chapter in a saga that began in 2000 when four members of what prosecutors called a "rogue band of officers" were charged with planting evidence and beating suspects in Oakland. Three were fired. The fourth disappeared. Two prosecutions ended in mistrials. But a lawsuit filed by those who say they were victimized ended three years later in a $10 million settlement.
The department was also ordered to make changes to prevent future abuses. At Thursday's hearing, Henderson also said he was frustrated by the slow pace of change. He said, "The Oakland Police department is behind modern times& there is an attitude of resistance [to change]."
Also appearing at the hearing was Mayor Jean Quan who said she'll make sure reforms happen.
"I'm going to take responsibility for, as chief executive officer of the city, to monitor on an on-going basis whether or not a federal court agreement," said Quan.
Burris says what's needed is federal intervention.
"What the court can do is appoint a monitor to run the department, it's called a receivership, and essentially makes all decisions be made by that monitor," said Burris.
The hearing follows the release of a study by the federal monitor overseeing the reforms. It looked at 80 incidents in a three-month period in 2011 when officers drew their guns and most cases involved African-American suspects. The study concluded that in 28 percent of the cases, the individuals posed no threat.
Judge Henderson was appalled and said, "The level of the unnecessary draw of firearms is astounding."
Quan and Police Chief Anthony Batts told the judge that quick-draw incidents need to be scrutinized more closely to see if there needs to be more training or better supervision in the field. The chief also said there have been many changes that he's re-organized his department from top to bottom. The judge ordered everyone to come back in January for another status hearing.
Chief of Police
Chief of Police
August 13, 2009
In California, on the other hand, city governments routinely fail to maintain minimal hiring standards. Anthony Batts (pictured left) formerly a cop working for the Long Beach city government’s police department, had at least four crime reports taken against him for domestic violence charges in the cities of Long Beach, San Pedro, and San Diego. At one point he gave his then-wife, Laura Richardson-Batts, a black eye; she later sought refuge in a friend’s house to get away from him. That didn’t stop Batts from being promoted by the Long Beach city government to chief of police, and once he was, he put the domestic violence reports under lock and key in the police chief’s office and altered reports to conceal their contents. Other cops working under him kept copies of the originals and used the reports to blackmail Batts to insulate themselves from disciplinary actions during a scandal over unprofessional conduct and retaliation and vandalism against whistleblowers within the department. Batts’s domestic violence history has caused him problems in securing FBI security clearances and in maintaining his permit to carry a firearm. None of which, of course, has stopped the corrupt wife-beater Anthony Batts from being named chief of police for the city government in Oakland, California.
That's right, Long Beach police Chief Anthony Batts will be Oakland's next Chief of Police. He will begin his tenure in September. Batts, 49, served more than 25 years on the Long Beach force during which time he became chief in October of 2002. He holds a doctorate in public administration. Batts' appointment comes 51/2 months after former Chief Wayne Tucker's resignation Feb. 28, 2009. Information about what Batts will be paid was not available.
Councilmember Larry Reid (Elmhurst-East Oakland), head of the council's public safety committee, said that though he does not know Batts personally, he has heard he has an outstanding reputation. However, Oakland's crime rate is considerably higher than Long Beach's crime rate. In addition, the Oakland Police Department remains under the watch of a federal judge. The Oakland Police Department has been hit by a number of scandals from its much-criticized investigation of the 2007 killing of journalist Chauncey Bailey to confirmed allegations of officers falsifying affidavits for search & arrest warrants.
The Long Beach department has not been without its controversies, however. In February, a unanimous jury awarded a total of $4.1 million to a Long Beach police sergeant and two officers who said that during Batts' tenure they were retaliated against after reporting that other Long Beach officers were going on illegal lobster dives while on duty. The imbroglio was dubbed "Lobstergate."
This article appeared at: Oakland Tribune. By Harry Harris and Sean Maher. Article Last Updated: 09/29/2008 11:27:20 PM PDT
OAKLAND — At least eight Oakland police patrol officers have been removed from street duty pending the outcome of an internal investigation into concerns about how those officers obtained search warrants in drug cases. Numerous drug cases could be dismissed depending on the outcome, officials said. Allegations involve officers using purported narcotics obtained through undercover buys from suspected drug dealers as probable cause to get warrants to search the suspects' homes. The problem lies in the possibility the officers obtained search warrants before the police crime lab confirmed the purchased substances were actual narcotics.
Sources said the department launched a weeks-long investigation after discovering the potential problem, but it does not appear the officers involved were deliberately using false information to obtain search warrants. Rather, they said it was more a case of carelessness and a lack of training.
"It may be that one or more police officers are making misrepresentations as to a fact in support of searching someone's house," said Alameda County Assistant Public Defender Ray Keller. "If that's the case, then it could have a dramatic impact on whether the search is lawful or not."
Keller said if the alleged misconduct is proven, evidence could be thrown out or convictions overturned, but these would not be automatic outcomes. "We don't know the scope of the problem yet," Keller said. "At this point, we don't know if it was widespread; it could affect just two or three cases, or it could affect 50 or more. We're anxiously waiting to find out the results of the investigation." Keller said the public defender's office was alerted to the investigation last week, when it requested evidence from Alameda County District Attorney Tom Orloff.
Orloff declined to comment, except to say his office is "still receiving information." He added, "We have not started a criminal investigation at this point." Police officials declined to comment Monday. They are expected to discuss the issue today, after meeting with the Oakland city attorney.
The Oakland Police Department has not had a dedicated narcotics unit for several years, and most street narcotics enforcement is now done by "problem-solving officers," who don't answer regular service calls but are dedicated to quality of life issues and ongoing, neighborhood-specific problems, and other specialized units. Almost all the officers under investigation work in East Oakland and are problem-solving officers. As investigations continue, the officers could face disciplinary action ranging from suspension to termination.
Pageviews by Countries
Movie Intermission! The Gates of Hell
Full Length Horror Movie (1984)
Full Length Horror Movie (1984)
Description: A priest's suicide, a young girl buried alive and a strange rain mixed with ash unleash a terror the town of Dunwich has never known. The dead rise to kill the living.(Runtime: 01:33:19)