Top News Story! Capitol Harassment!
June 22, 2011
A congressional ethics panel is looking into claims that Rep. Alcee Hastings (D-Fla.) sexually harassed one of his staff members, the Wall Street Journal reports.
The investigation comes on the heels of a lawsuit filed by Winsome Packer alleging Hastings (pictured above, center) made repeated unwanted sexual advances and threatened her job when she refused him. Packer is being represented by the conservative legal group Judicial Watch.
Hastings called the claims "ludicrous."
"I have never sexually harassed anyone," the representative said in a statement sent to the AP. "In fact, I am insulted that these ludicrous allegations are being made against me... I will win this lawsuit."
Hastings gave a more vague response in a recent interview, according to the Journal.
"Quite frankly your source has as much or more information than I do and I would suggest you rely upon them," he said. "It would be impossible for me in a paragraph or a page or two or a tome or volumes one and two to help you understand the dynamics of these events. I'll leave it at that."
News of the investigation comes a week after former Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-NY) resigned following a scandal that erupted after he tweeted a lewd photo of himself.
In April, Sen. John Ensign (R-Nev.) resigned in the midst of an ethics probe looking into whether he made efforts to cover up an affair with a former staffer. A Senate ethics panel found that Ensign lied to the Federal Election Commission and violated campaign finance laws.
John "Phil" Fitzgerald!
Januaray 28, 2011
"There are some in our county, and its leadership, who are primarily driven by their extreme sense of entitlement and care only for getting their way despite the effects their actions have on the citizens of Liberty County. Despite the negativity and disregard of integrity by some, I remain steadfast in my efforts as County Judge to bring common sense business principles to our local government and work towards positive achievements for our county.
One of the foremost of these principles is to eliminate unnecessary expenses in the operation of our county. As you can imagine this conservative philosophy did not sit too well with those who are determined to maintain the way things had always been done. However, they failed to realize that unlike themselves, my loyalty is to the hard-working citizens of this county and not to the self-proclaimed elite of the courthouse. I have not nor will I back down from my values as they attack me from every side."
-- Judge John "Phil" Fitzgerald, January 2010
HOUSTON, TX (WCJB) -- A Liberty County Judge and Commissioner and a local businessman have all been indicted in a hurricane fraud scheme, US Attorney John M. Bales announced on Friday. John "Phil" Fitzgerald, 51, of Liberty, Texas, Herman "Lee" Groce, 62, of Cleveland, Texas, and Mark Wayne Miksch, 52, of LaVernia, Texas, were named in a 25-count indictment returned by a federal grand jury on Jan. 26, 2011. Fitzgerald and Groce both lost their bids for re-election in November 2010, concluding their positions with Liberty County on December 31, 2010.
The defendants have been summoned and will make their initial appearances on Feb. 1, 2011 before U.S. Magistrate Judge Earl S. Hines.
The indictment alleges that following Hurricane Ike's landfall on Sep. 13, 2008, Fitzgerald, the Liberty County Judge, and Groce, the Liberty County Precinct 2 Commissioner, used their elected positions to fraudulently influence and award debris removal contracts to a company in return for sub-contracts being awarded to Fitzgerald's brother-in-law and businessman, Miksch. As part of the scheme, Fitzgerald is alleged to have received approximately $611,000 in kickbacks disguised as legitimate business transactions.
Additionally, Fitzgerald is charged with the unauthorized use of a 155 kilowatt generator which was purchased by and for the benefit of Liberty County and then reimbursed by FEMA. Instead, Fitzgerald is alleged to have commandeered and used the generator to power Fitzpak, a convenience store and gas station in Moss Hill, which Fitzgerald owned and operated.
As a result of the conspiracy, approximately $3,269,456 in debris removal contracts were fraudulently awarded by Fitzgerald and Groce in violation of state and federal laws, according to Bales.
A criminal probe was sparked after a joint investigation by 13 Undercover and the Cleveland Advocate. [H]idden cameras showed trucks owned by the then-county judge were used in the Hurricane Ike cleanup in his own county. We have worked on this story in cooperation with The Cleveland Advocate, our Houston Community Newspaper partner.
Fitzgerald's attorney issued a statement which read in part: "Judge Fitzgerald has fully cooperated with the investigation, has nothing to hide and has committed no crime. ... Had the Government allowed us the opportunity to present our side of the story before seeking an indictment, we are confident there would be no indictment. However, because of their refusal, we will now have to have a trial in this case, at considerable expense to Judge Fitzgerald and the taxpayers, in order for us to tell our side of the story."
If convicted, the defendants face up to five years in federal prison for the conspiracy charge. Additional charges range from five to 30 years in federal prison.
March 16, 2009
LIBERTY COUNTY, TX (WCJB) -- New questions are surfacing about justice and allegations of special treatment for a suspected drunk driver and again it's the Liberty County Judge in the middle of the story. 13 Undercover reported the Liberty County Judge and his family made money off his own town's hurricane disaster. Now it's a curious case at the courthouse.
It was December 30, 2008 at the Liberty County courthouse and Criminal Judge Don Taylor had cleared his criminal docket for the year and went home. But the next day, cases were dismissed in Taylor's court without his knowledge.
"Did I ask him," asked Liberty County Judge Phil Fitzgerald. "No he wasn't here."
So why did Liberty County Judge Phil Fitzgerald decide to play criminal judge for a day?
"I guess because I was here," he replied.
Our legal analyst has seen a lot, but he says what happened next is off the smell meter.
"I've never seen it before and I've seen a lot of funky deals going on but this is the most funky in terms of the relationships there," Legal analyst Joel Androphy said.The county judge dismissed nine criminal cases that weren't even set for a hearing that day. "It's bizarre that a case gets resolved when it's not on the docket," Androphy added.
One of them was a DWI case against a prominent lawyer named Glen Vickery. Vickery had been busted in downtown Liberty. A blood test was taken. So why the sudden rush to dismiss the case when Judge Taylor was not even there?
"I was approached by the county attorney's office and acted on their request," Fitzgerald said. "It is as simple as that." The motion to dismiss was filed by assistant county attorney Tommy Chambers. I asked him if he thought the case should have been dismissed.
"I really can't comment on that, it's under investigation and I filed the motion," he responded. I asked him if he was told to dismiss this case. "Wayne, I don't really want to comment on an ongoing investigation," he responded.
Here's the motion, it says the case was dismissed in part because of no lab test.
"Cases don't get dismissed because there's no test," Androphy said. "If that were the case nobody would blow."
I asked Chambers the definition of lost and defined it as you couldn't find it.
"Right," he said. "I couldn't find it."
Chambers claims he called both Liberty police and the Department of Public Safety laboratory.
"Nobody had it...well that's not exactly accurate&ahh&Look I really don't even want to get into it," he said. "I need to look into it and we're going to try and acquire the lab test."
The Liberty Police Department is just blocks from the courthouse. They told us they have the test. They had it since last October. That's not lost.
"The judge should have informed the county attorney about what you discovered," Androphy said.
And not just that Judge Fitzgerald and lawyer Vickery are old friends.
"I don't see a conflict," Fitzgerald said.
But we've learned Judge Fitzgerald is executor of Jessica Vickery's trust. She's Glen Vickery's daughter.
I asked the county judge if he knew of the canon of ethics.
"Well I know of it," he responded. "I can't quote every canon."
Well one of the canons says Fitzgerald can't be a judge and financially responsible for a trust fund that doesn't belong to one of his relatives and Vickery is not a relative. Of course there's also that little ethics rule about appearances.
"The bottom line is, judges should not be involved in cases where their impartiality is questioned," Androphy said. "The fact that he stayed on this case makes this case even more foul smelling."
This on the heels of reporting the county judge made money off his own town's disaster. He was involved in the renting of trucks as part of a $3 million county debris contract. Oh, his brother-in-law was in charge of the daily cleanup.
Neither the judge, nor the county contractor has filed affidavits declaring their relationship. And the judge won't tell us and you how much he made.
"I think you're crossing the line and getting into my personal finances," the judge told us.
We've also found evidence Liberty County failed to maintain some of the records it would need to ensure taxpayers weren't being ripped off in the hurricane cleanup.
Douglas E. Swager, Retired Justice, California Court of Appeal, First Appellate District, Division One (1).
Education: Swager graduated from the University of California in 1966. He then attended the UC Hastings College of the Law, graduating in 1969.
Note: The University of California and Hastings College of Law are owned and operated by the Regents of the University of California.
• Judges of The Regents of the University of California
• The Regents of the University of California
• Occupation: Associate Justice, 1995-2008, Retired
• Superior Court Judge, Contra Costa County, 1987- 1995
• Municipal Court Judge, Bay Municipal Court, Contra Costa County, 1985-1987
• Attorney, Whiting, Rubenstein, Swager and Levy, 1981-1985
• Attorney, Watson and Hoffe, 1973-1981
• Deputy District Attorney, Contra Costa County, 1970-1973
1. The Regents of the University of California consistently prevail (win) in any litigation brought before the Superior Courts of California and the California Appeals Courts, particularly where Corrupt Justice Douglas E. Swager presides.
2. Judge Swager is a racist judge, who hails from the conservative, White racist enclave of Contra Costa County (California).
See Corrupt Justice Profile: James J. Marchiano, Corrupt Judge
Mr. Swager now sells his "Corrupt Justice" for $450.00 per hour at a corruption agency commonly referred to as ADR Services, Inc. As an appeals court justice, Mr. Swager and his Court (and ADR) colleagues made laws mandating Alternative Dispute Resolution (including Arbitration & Mediation). Accordingly, Corrupt Judges of the Superior Courts now refer cases to ADR Services, where "retired judges" (who are collecting state pensions) charge $400.00-$500.00 to hear and resolve cases.
See: Martin Jenkins, Corrupt Judge ("Uncle Tom")
Sexually Offensive Judges
• Perverted Judges! - Part I
• Judge Jack Gifford, Retired, Solicitation
• Judge Ronald C. Kline, Child Pornography
• Chief U.S. District Judge Edward Nottingham, Solicitation
• Corrupt Judges & Prosecutors
• Corrupt Judges, Frame-ups & Graft
• Corrupt Judges! - Part II
• Judges of the Regents of the University of California
Judges of Interest
• James J. Marchiano, Corrupt Judge
• Stuart Hing, Corrupt Judge (Recent Appointment)
• Douglas E. Swager, Corrupt Judge
• David Bernard Flinn, Corrupt Judge
• John T. Noonan, Corrupt Judge of the 9th Circuit
• Former Judge Ralph B. Robertson, Racist
• Judge Kenneth R. Kingsbury, Ret., Racist, Corrupt
Cops & Crime!
• Criminal Cops! - Part I
• Criminal Cops! - Part II
Cops with Multiple Shootings or Homicides!
• PA State Trooper Samuel J. Hassan, Murderous(March 15, 2009 Murder of Unarmed motorist. Previously shot and killed 12 year old African-American boy!!)
• Officer Pat Gonzales: Racist, Murderous Oakland Police Officer - 3 Killings; 1 Shooting!
• Officer Hector Jimenez: Racist, Murderous Oakland Police Officer - 2 Killings!(As of October 2009, Officer terminated w/1 yr. pay; City of Oakland has settled civil suits.)
• Homicide from OPD to LASD!
• Miami Beach Police Department - Murderous!(Officer Adam Tavss kills two citizens in 1 week!!)
• Brian Smith, Killer Cop!(Killed four (4) unarmed civilians during homicide spree; committed suicide upon arrest!!)
Murderous Police Officers
• B.A.R.T.+L.A.P.D.=187(P.C.)(LAPD Detective arrested for cold case homicide; and B.A.R.T. Transit Killer-Cop!)
• Cops or Killers?
• Five - "O" Homicide(White Cop kills black cop after "mistaking" black cop for criminal!)
• NYPD - A History of Homicidal Cops(A history of NYPD Officers committing murder!)
• Arthur Tessler, Jason R. Smith & Gregg Junnier(Alanta Police Officers lie to obtain search warrant; murder 90-year old woman; and then plant drugs to cover-up murder)
• PA State Trooper Kevin Foley, Murderous(Convicted March 18, 2009 of First-Degree Murder. Killed girlfriend's ex-hubby (Dentist)!!)
• Homer Police Department(February 20, 2009 Murder of Unarmed Black Man, 73 year old black man by two white police officers in Homer, Louisiana!!)
• Taser Deaths by the Police!
• New Orleans Police Department(January 1, 2009 Murder of Unarmed Black Man, shot nine (9) times in the back!!)
Oakland, California Police Department
• Captain Edward Poulson, OPD(Beating Death of Suspect (2000) Promoted in 2008)
• Investigator interfered in police probes of former bakery CEO
• Oakland Police Department, Corrupt, I
• Oakland, California Police Department, Corruption, II
• Oakland Police Department, III
• Oakland Police Department, IV
• Oakland Police Department, V - Major Corruption
• Jeff Loman, Deputy Chief, OPD(Updated: Re-instated as a (demoted) Lieutenant)
• Deborah Edgerly, Corrupt former Oakland City Administrator
Oakland, CA Transit Cop Shooting
• Mehserle Makes Bail!!!(Updated October 16, 2009) January 1, 2009 Murder of Unarmed Black Man, shot once (1) in the back!!)
• Tony Pirone, B.P.D.(Mehserle Accomplice - Jan. 1, 2009 Homicide)
• Johannes Mehserle, Killer Cop(Oakland's New Year's (2009) Transit Killer Cop)
• The B.A.R.T. Shooting Investigation(The Investigation of Oakland's New Year's (2009) Transit Killer Cop)
• The B.A.R.T. Aftermath (The Oakland Riots New (2009))
• B.A.R.T. Police, Racism, Homicide(Video of The Oakland New Year's Day (2009) Transit Shooting )
Cops that Sexually Offend
• Cops that Sexually Offend! (Part I)
• Cops that Sexually Offend! (Part II)
• Sexually Offensive Cops! (Part III)
• Cops that Sexually Offend! (Part IV)
• Cops that Sexually Offend! (Part V)
• Cops that Sexually Offend! (Part VI)
• Cops that Sexually Offend! (Part VII)
• Cops that Sexually Offend! (Part VIII)
• Cops that Sexually Offend! (Part IX)
• Cops that Sexually Offend! (Part X)
• Cops that Sexually Offend! (Part XI)
• Cops that Sexually Offend! (Part XII)
• Cops that Sexually Offend! (Part XIII)
• Cops that Sexually Offend! (Part XIV)
• Cops that Sexually Offend! (Part XV)
• Cops that Sexually Offend! (Part XVI)
• Cops that Sexually Offend! (Part XVII)
• Cops that Sexually Offend! (Part XVIII)
• Cops that Sexually Offend! (Part XIX)
• Cops that Sexually Offend! (Part XX)
Cops & Domestic Violence
• Wife Killing Cops! - Part I
• Wife Killing Cops! - Part II
• Blue Spousal Abuse! - Part III
• Deputy Paul R. Kovacich, Wife Killer
1. Landlord-Tenant Law
4. Real Estate Law
5. Bankruptcy Law
6. Re-Zoo-May (Resume/Employment)
7. Family Law (Divorce, Custody Child Support)